Joshua

well....I did say it was unusual :0)

I like it myself. I like the unexpected dramatic lighting for the child. I also like the pout....which is what he does when he is really concentrating on something. He is an unusual kid and he makes us laugh each day. He has a deep voice for a two year old and comes out with some unusual phrases etc. Because I always say to him "Say cheese" my camera is known as cheese.

I suppose you have to know him to realise it is him to a "T". Grown up yet a babe still.
Thanks for stopping by

Upvote 0
petach said:
The album 1963 "With the Beatles" album has a similar style to the Joshua shot. It was shot by Robert Freeman.

Glad you like, although I understand it is not to the taste of all. But hey.....art!

Robert Freeman,not Astrid K.Thanks for correcting me. I do dabble in drawing/painting, and enjoy many styles. Have always been partial to this particular style for portrait photograghy, and really like yours. :)

Upvote 0
Hello petach,

I like this style of portraiture and I like this shot, but I think the lighting has fallen away somewhat at his chin, so it appears almost cropped. A little more light there and maybe just enough to see the outline of his neck might have given it a more balanced look. The lighting is stark (not a criticism, I like it), and am guessing you had a single light from the left and above him? I'd have preferred to have just a touch of light on the right hand side just show the barest of outline, but that's not here or there, great shot.

Upvote 0