Just got my R5, currently charging

The swallow pics are all 1000, the dog is 1600, but all jpgs so prob dont tell much. Hopefully get to do more tomorrow and a more comprehensive go.
Great of you to be sharing so much with the rest of us, on your first day with it, many thanks - even if you are just making us jealous!! ;);)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Jul 16, 2012
Great of you to be sharing so much with the rest of us, on your first day with it, many thanks - even if you are just making us jealous!! ;);)

Selfless as I am, being limited to my local park due to covid may have a bit to do with it too. Am feeling very lucky though, expected weeks of delays given current circumstances.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
I was wondering if it finds an eye automatically when you point it at person? The R really needs help to find an eye. Like if my daughter has a helmet on I need to work quite a bit for the initial AF point to find her face and it not being a big square on front of the helmet.

In some videos it seemed that the R5 would look for an eye a find it itself without all the trial and error, and if it was focused on a body or head when the person was facing the other way, it would jump to eye when it was visible. Is that so?

thank you so much for answering these questions, much appreciated.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Just got mine here in Colorado. Trying to be patient... registering, insuring, etc.

By coincidence, I am in Colorado as well; went to my brick and mortar and got there four minutes after they opened (damned road construction crew picked today to pinch off half of a major road to start building an intersection that will put another mis-timed traffic light between two others). Anyhow, I beat the other guy into the shop--the other guy who got his preorder today. Apparently demand far outstrips supply! The other guy has other cameras that take LPe6-style batteries, so no doubt he has taken pictures, while I've been admiring the battery in its charger.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 16, 2012
I doubt you'll have them, but on the off chance of aye. I would love to know if the IBIS works on the 1988 300mm f/2.8 and on the 400mm f/5.6

It almost certainly will, theres even an option for entering the size for lenses that don't register focal length. Cant say how well though, longest i have is my 100mm for unstabilised.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

It almost certainly will, theres even an option for entering the size for lenses that don't register focal length. Cant say how well though, longest i have is my 100mm for unstabilised.

That is cool to hear. The 300 is still one of my lenses that produces results that impress me, perhaps a RF 300 f/2.8 would be in my future since I always go for it.

Upvote 0