Kickstarter: Peak Design Launches a Complete Mobile Accessory Ecosystem

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
An innovative connection system unites beautifully designed cases, mounts, and accessories
San Francisco, CA (October 2020) –Peak Design, the worldwide leader in crowdfunding and everyday carry solutions, has launched a revolutionary ecosystem of mobile cases, mounts, and accessories. Built around a proprietary low-profile connection system, Mobile by Peak Design aims to make your phone a better tool for everything you use it for, from navigation to communication, creativity to recreation.

PD-Mobile-04-DeskMount02-168x168.jpg

PD-Mobile-02-MobileTripod05-168x168.jpg

PD-Mobile-03-AutoMount04-168x168.jpg

Continue reading...

Last edited:

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Interesting, this would solve a number of really-low-priority problems I'm having, but as with everything Peak Design: is it worth spending the money? I've been happy with everything I've bought so far, but it isn't something I'm buying on a whim. Tripod + bike mount + case + creator kit + universal adapter is >$150.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Interesting, this would solve a number of really-low-priority problems I'm having, but as with everything Peak Design: is it worth spending the money? I've been happy with everything I've bought so far, but it isn't something I'm buying on a whim. Tripod + bike mount + case + creator kit + universal adapter is >$150.

I was interested in a case and a couple of the mounts, but my phone isn't supported.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

marathonman

CR Pro
Aug 29, 2016
Doomed ;-)
Pay December. Wait until May for items that you can buy now from elsewhere (if you really don't already have them).... Hope that if you receive the item(s) in May that you don't then upgrade your device in October next year.

I've bought plenty of PD stuff and I'm sure this will be over-subscribed. But do I really need to wait 6 - 8 months for a wireless charger or a bike mount?

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

fiendstudios

CR Pro
Sep 5, 2020
I love my Peak Design capture-clips! This, however.. seems interesting at most. I like the idea, but I want a case for my phone, not a "sticker"-like universal adapter. The wallet-thing looks terrible! To large and everything.
The car-holder/charger seems nice but I dont want to put something on my dash board that might damage it with the glue. They are way to expensive aswell.

Upvote 0

RickD

EOS R6
Aug 27, 2016
Another internet begging/funding product. Nope.

I'm not sure how this can be considered begging. If you contribute a predefined amount, you receive one of the end results of the project, at a considerable amount below the MSRP.

Given that this isn't a new company, and that PD are known for quality products (I have one of their slings), I think it's a pretty good business model, given that the products come to fruition

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
This is now their business model, and frankly it has some merit considering the very real demand for growth at any cost created when a company seeks venture capital.
It has always been their business model from the beginning. It evidently is working for them. They have a decent amount of my money...

Upvote 0