Knockoff Speedlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Canon-F1

Do they work with wireless triggers like Pocket Wizards?

of course you can trigger them wireless.
but you can not manualy control the YN-560 over radio.

they are cheap and when you don´t mind to walk to your flash every time you have to adjust them, they are fine.

but when i invest in a YN-622C or a phottix odin for example, i want a flash unit i can control from my camera.
so i sold my YN-560 and bought a few YN-568EX in addition to my original canon speedlights.

Upvote 0

axtstern

EOS M(ediochre)
Jun 12, 2012
I'm using a patchwork family of EX 430, YN 565 EX and the Nissin DI 866

All have their strength and their weakness but they work perfect together.

With the YNs you have to be carefull, there seems to be Export Quality and Red China Quality.
If you buy it at the bay you can just guess which Version you get. I bought mine in Wukesong Cammera City in Bejing and had to try several before I was happy. 3 month later the red plastic cover on the front fell off without any force applied. There seems to be a sensor under it, the missing red filter did not disturb the Flash in any way but... The YN is a fair bit larger than the EX430, is slower and makes more noise but also has more power and can be a infrared ETTL slave. My 60d can configure most Settings from the camera menu and the build in Flash acts as a weak master.

The Nissin is not the latest model. As Long as Version I and II are still sold You can save some Money by buying the older Version. Only difference I found so far: louder Husky Sound when the Flash reflector zooms and a plastic rather than a metal feet. The Nissin can act as a master. The way the Flash groups itself allows you to have control over one more Flash Group than you could do with Canon only flashes. The rotating Color Display of the Flash is a cool Gimmick. Again the Flash is bigger, slower and stronger than the EX 430. Howeverit has a few extras. X Sync Port, USB Port, and you can use an additional power pack. The Standard Battery compartment slides out completely like a Magazin. If you have 2 of them, you can swap batteries in an instant.

regards

Upvote 0
Jesse said:
thanks guys. trying to buy the cheapest possible lighting. do you need one transceiver for the camera and then a transmitter for every light? or other way around? or?....

Yongnuo got some very good transceivers. I'm using non-TTL RF603C's. There's a model that do TTL if you want TTL. Just be sure to bring your camera and some speedlights to make sure they're working for your particular body/speedlights.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.