Landscape photography from around the world, shot on Canon

grahamclarkphoto

Just a photographer who loves to travel.
applecider said:
Graham can you tell us about the grad ND filters you are using. Are they screw on, size, made by purchased from and how used if not screw on.

Your photos are ... outstanding in the field. Really good.

Thank you very much! I'm very much a beginner, however I am more than happy to share with you the equipment specifics. Filters used include:

Singh-Ray 2-stop soft "Galen Rowell" ND grad
Singh-Ray 3-stop soft "Galen Rowell" ND grad
Singh-Ray 2-stop hard reverse ND grad
Singh-Ray 3-stop hard reverse ND grad
B+W 77mm 6-stop ND filter
B+W 77mm Circular Polarizer

I have two sets of filters, one is "P" and the other ix 4x6. I use a Cokin "P" filter holder and a Lee Foundation 4x6 filter for the larger ones. For long exposures I stack the filters and push the ISO down near 50 to increase shutter speeds.

If you're interested, here are some example images with the above mentioned equipment:

grahamclarkphoto-.jpg

grahamclarkphoto-41.jpg

Upvote 0
grahamclarkphoto said:
applecider said:
Graham can you tell us about the grad ND filters you are using. Are they screw on, size, made by purchased from and how used if not screw on.

Thank you very much! I'm very much a beginner, however I am more than happy to share with you the equipment specifics. Filters used include:

I have two sets of filters, one is "P" and the other ix 4x6. I use a Cokin "P" filter holder and a Lee Foundation 4x6 filter for the larger ones. For long exposures I stack the filters and push the ISO down near 50 to increase shutter speeds.

If you're interested, here are some example images with the above mentioned equipment:

grahamclarkphoto-12.jpg

grahamclarkphoto-42.jpg
My reverse grad is the one filter I miss after switching to the Lee system.

Upvote 0

grahamclarkphoto

Kernuak said:
grahamclarkphoto said:
applecider said:

grahamclarkphoto-12.jpg

grahamclarkphoto-42.jpg

Actually I'm using Singh-Ray with the Lee filter holder (not the lee filters).

Graham

Upvote 0
Hi Graham, the pictures of your first post are fantastic! The use of the color filters was well done. I like especially the sepia tones.

For two pictures you mentioned the use of reverse grad filters and the sky is very well balanced in these shots. But the reflections in the water below are brighter than the sky in your pictures. Was this done by intention or just the lack of a weaker, 2nd reverse grad filter to compensate for the reflection as well?

Best regards, Robert

Upvote 0

grahamclarkphoto

RobertG. said:
Hi Graham, the pictures of your first post are fantastic! The use of the color filters was well done. I like especially the sepia tones.

For two pictures you mentioned the use of reverse grad filters and the sky is very well balanced in these shots. But the reflections in the water below are brighter than the sky in your pictures. Was this done by intention or just the lack of a weaker, 2nd reverse grad filter to compensate for the reflection as well?

Best regards, Robert

thanks! which images in particular are you referring to? the vertical landscape images with water? only one has sky and I see it as having clouds without reflection. is that the one?

Graham

Upvote 0
grahamclarkphoto said:
Kernuak said:
grahamclarkphoto said:
applecider said:

grahamclarkphoto-12.jpg

grahamclarkphoto-42.jpg

Actually I'm using Singh-Ray with the Lee filter holder (not the lee filters).

Graham
Unfortunately, I have the smaller one for the Cokin P filter set. I'd like to get one to replace it, but the excahnge rate isn't favourable at the moment (unlike when I bought the original) and the shipping costs are extortionate for such a small item.

Upvote 0