Lexar Announces New Lexar Professional CFexpress Type B USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Reader

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
San Jose, USA, June 30, 2021 — Lexar, a leading global brand of flash memory solutions, is proud to announce the new Lexar® Professional CFexpress™ Type B USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Reader. The CFexpress™ Type B USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Reader is for creatives who demand blazing-fast transfer speeds even when on the go.
Designed for use with CFexpress™ Type B cards, the Lexar Professional CFexpress™ Type B USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Reader offloads a tremendous number of high-quality images and RAW 8K video from your CFexpress™ Type B card to your computer at USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 speeds, supercharging your workflow from location to post-production.
Key Features:

Offers blazing-fast transfer speeds for stunning RAW 8K video and high-quality images
Leveraging USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 technology to dramatically accelerate workflow
Read speeds of up to 1700MB/s1
Portable and compact design for photographers and videographers on the go
Includes a 30cm 2-in-1 USB Type-C to USB Type-A cable and USB Type-C to USB Type-C...

Continue reading...

Jun 27, 2013
Pune
Upvote 0
I bought one of these readers (RW550) and a couple of Sony Tough G 128GB cards, and run into a snag I can't seem to resolve:

When connecting the reader (w/o a card) to my Windows 10 computer, the reader will show up as 'USB Drive' and get mapped to a letter (D:). However, the moment I insert a CFexpress card into the reader, the reader disappears as a drive letter.
Opening the Disk Management console and right-clicking on the partition allows me to map it to a drive letter (so I can r/w to it), but it only lasts until I eject the card. Next time I have to do this over again.

Have anyone seen the same problem? Did you find a resolution to this?
I've mailed Lexar tech support, but they have left for the weekend, so I won't get an answer earlier than Monday.

Upvote 0