Major Canon announcements coming in June & July [CR3]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I’ve been at this for 12 years and I have never seen as much hype for a Canon product than we have for the Canon EOS R5. A camera that should have already been announced had it not been for the current pandemic.
I have been told that Canon will make major announcements in June and July, which will likely be the Canon EOS R5 and/or the Canon EOS R6 along with a slew of new lenses.
Initial availability could come as early as July.
… and no, I do not know anything about pricing.
*Update*: I’ve updated this post to reflect additional major Canon announcements are also coming in July. I don’t yet know which product(s) are being announced at which time.
More to come…

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I just don't see any rational for the continued announcement delay. The features are now set. I'm sure the pricing is set. We understand availability will be limited initially. That's not a huge issue. New product has been limited in availability before and with the virus we would be even more forgiving.
In my experience, when something is illogical, there is something we don't know about. What do we not know?

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
I just don't see any rational for the continued announcement delay. The features are now set. I'm sure the pricing is set. We understand availability will be limited initially. That's not a huge issue. New product has been limited in availability before and with the virus we would be even more forgiving.
In my experience, when something is illogical, there is something we don't know about. What do we not know?
What delay? This is a rumors site. Canon never promised you an earlier announcement date.

Reactions: 21 users
Upvote 0
I’ve been at this for 12 years and I have never seen as much hype for a Canon product than we have for the Canon EOS R5.
For good reason. The early specs and images show a camera that addresses basically all of the shortcomings some people had with the R- IBIS, fast shutter, video chops, what's not to like. I hope Canon knocks it out of the park with this one.

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
It only seems illogical because we don't work for Canon and don't have all the information. For all we know, they set a timeline for firmware review which runs close to the projected announcement and once it is given the green light they can plan a full announcement. Even online announcements take time to prepare for, especially something as hyped as this.

Consider that the expected announcement timeline was Photokina which was supposed to happen this week. If they're announcing in June, then it is at most 1 month behind. Consider that Nikon planned on releasing the Z 70-200 2.8S in February and still hasn't gotten there. If Canon is even a month behind on announcement, I feel ok about that.

Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

dancan

R5
Jan 8, 2015
Fingers crossed we will get the trinity of full specs , pricing and available date for the R5 and R6 . If there is a possible release date of July then I presume the announcement will be early June .
I am pretty sure Canon will tell you the prize before ordering. Perhaps even the specs and if the camera really exists.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0