Marching band

Posting some pics here from the high school marching band my daughters play in. Post your own, would love to see them. Want to know how you deal with difficult lighting conditions? Constructive criticism is gladly received. All pics were with a 6D and 24-105L.

Attachments

• IMG_4057.v01.JPG
    IMG_4057.v01.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 337
  • IMG_4161.v01.JPG
    IMG_4161.v01.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 366
  • IMG_3917.v01.JPG
    IMG_3917.v01.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 348
  • IMG_3747.v01.JPG
    IMG_3747.v01.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 336
Two images that I liked are the low angle looking up at the the horn players. And the one of the back of the girls head.
I think you are just working with difficult material. The reason I clicked on this thread was because I was wondering how someone got interesting shots of that.
The others there was just a lot going on that I didn't understand.
Some things that may be fun to try- add a little more motion blur so I can see what they are doing
-depth of field, the audience or matching uniforms distracts my eyes
-higher angle for an overall view.
I don't know what I would do though. Ha you did great.

Upvote 0
gjones5252 said:
Two images that I liked are the low angle looking up at the the horn players. And the one of the back of the girls head.
I think you are just working with difficult material. The reason I clicked on this thread was because I was wondering how someone got interesting shots of that.
The others there was just a lot going on that I didn't understand.
Some things that may be fun to try- add a little more motion blur so I can see what they are doing
-depth of field, the audience or matching uniforms distracts my eyes
-higher angle for an overall view.
I don't know what I would do though. Ha you did great.

Thanks. Being a total rank amateur, I was a little nervous about trying to get too creative and screwing up all my pictures. Hard to tell what you have on a 3" screen. All the band parents and kids are friends on Facebook, and we all love to see our angels performing. So, usually a half dozen videos and countless cell phone pics from the stands, was much different being right down on the field. Motion blur looks like an effect I need to practice. The first photo from lion rock looks great using the effect, conveys action!

Upvote 0