Miscellaneous Wildlife

danfaz

Coffee Fiend
Jul 14, 2015
www.1fineklick.com
Very nice shots and a beautiful animal. We had one behind our house yesterday trying to mess with two Sandhill Cranes. The yote lost that battle.
Thank you! They are actually good-looking animals. There was a Great Blue Heron closely watching this Coyote, but there didn't seem to be any interest on the Coyote's part.

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Thanks ISv but those images of the Mongoose are very cool. Great looking critter and excellent images!
Thanks for "...excellent images"! Otherwise I don't like the Mongoose - on the other Islands where they still have a ground nesting endemics (Nene!) they are real danger for the eggs and chicks. On Oahu they are problem for the Albatross and Wedge-tailed Shearwater but after the South-West colony was fenced* they are no treat there. The recently established North-East colony is vulnerable because it's not fenced!
*fenced - special fence that preserves the territory from rats, feral cats and dogs and mongoose.
Concerning the Bats: I had very little success with them in Europe - only these photos (taken with Nikon D7200 x 200-500mm zoom and activated it's build-on flashlight). Kind of little bit noisy photos because I'm so lazy to search for the RAW files in the back-ups. At that time (2019) there was no DxO PL 6:)

DSC_1078_DxO-1_DxO.jpgDSC_1076_DxO_DxO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2021
Upvote 0