More Images of the Canon EOS 7D Mark II

kdsand

Newt II a human stampede
Nov 1, 2011
north west indiana
I agree withe AvTvM. WiFi is an inexcusable omission. Not only is it a matter of tethering but also I like reviewing jpegs for example with no fuss or muss in a busy restaurant on my phone & sharing quickly & easily. Once that would be a luxury but now its a comon feature :( available in cameras that cost less than $99.00. This cries out to me canon is negligent & or intends to rip me off.

Next is touch screen. Now don't get me wrong we want & need our existing hard buttons but in many cases option of tapping screen is a huge huge time saver. Such as reviewing pics, live view focus & even menus. Fast :eek: navigating is important right?

Kinda like buying a brand new high end car & being told keyless entry & amfm radio doesn't come standard........
Grrrrrrrr canon :mad: :mad: just grrrrrrrr!

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
kdsand said:
I agree withe AvTvM. WiFi is an inexcusable omission. Not only is it a matter of tethering but also I like reviewing jpegs for example with no fuss or muss in a busy restaurant on my phone & sharing quickly & easily. Once that would be a luxury but now its a comon feature :( available in cameras that cost less than $99.00. This cries out to me canon is negligent & or intends to rip me off.

Next is touch screen. Now don't get me wrong we want & need our existing hard buttons but in many cases option of tapping screen is a huge huge time saver. Such as reviewing pics, live view focus & even menus. Fast :eek: navigating is important right?

Kinda like buying a brand new high end car & being told keyless entry & amfm radio doesn't come standard........
Grrrrrrrr canon :mad: :mad: just grrrrrrrr!
+1

Upvote 0

StudentOfLight

I'm on a life-long journey of self-discovery
Nov 2, 2013
Cape Town
kphoto99 said:
MagnumJoe said:
Etienne said:
MagnumJoe said:
Etienne said:
Woody said:
MagnumJoe said:
The 5D MK III had so much more detail and much sharper than the 70D.

Should not come as a surprise. Even low quality lenses like the 17-40 shine on the 5D3/6D but appear very bad when mounted on APS-C cameras. It's just a matter of pixel density.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx?

Lens=687&Camera=736&Sample=0&FLI=0&API=0&LensComp=687&CameraComp=453&SampleComp=0&FLIComp=0&APIComp=0

Woody, I agree with you, I should have known. Here are the photos I was referring to.

The top photo is focussed in front of the seated people. Look at the grass out front. I'd say it's front focussed by a couple of feet, leaving the subjects a little out of focus in behind

Hi Etienne, I respect your attention to detail, but that is just not the case, I simply changed cameras and focused on my daughter and cropped it.

Just look at the fence, it is so much more out of focus in the top photo then in the bottom. Either you used different aperture or the focus point was not the same location.
I agree with these observations, the focus is not the same in the two images. If you are cropping to the same framing as the 70D shot then l would expect the 70D to show more detail because it represents the space with more pixels. The reasons it might not is if the image is softened by high-ISO noise (maybe using over ISO-1600) or diffraction (maybe using a setting over f/8). In good light the 5D cropped to APS-C will not resolve more than the 70D uncropped, at best it will be equal.

Upvote 0

StudentOfLight

I'm on a life-long journey of self-discovery
Nov 2, 2013
Cape Town
Khalai said:
There may be more in the camera that meets the eye (and spec sheets). Let's just wait for a field tests and performance...
+1!
Numbers on paper don't always translate into real world performance. I'm excited to see what those 65 AF-points are going to do at 10-fps and what keeper rates can be expected.

Upvote 0

Richard8971

"There is no spoon" - Neo
Oct 4, 2011
Tucson, AZ
www.Oldpueblophotos.com
I will say this, the ONE thing I was really hoping for was one or the other in a dual card slot on the 7D2. In other words, either 2 CF slots or 2 SDHC slots. Personally I like the CF cards over the SDHC cards but recently the speeds of the SDHC cards has gotten much better and they are much cheaper than the CF cards of the same speed and size.

My wife's D7000 and D7100 both have dual SDHC card slots and I love it.

I wonder if the 7D2 SDHC slot will be of a lower speed like the 5D3, would be interesting to find out if Canon fixed that or not.

D

Upvote 0

MagnumJoe

5D MK III
Dec 19, 2012
sdfreeland said:
Etienne said:
MagnumJoe said:
Etienne said:
Woody said:
MagnumJoe said:
The 5D MK III had so much more detail and much sharper than the 70D.

Should not come as a surprise. Even low quality lenses like the 17-40 shine on the 5D3/6D but appear very bad when mounted on APS-C cameras. It's just a matter of pixel density.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/ISO-12233-Sample-Crops.aspx?Lens=687&Camera=736&Sample=0&FLI=0&API=0&LensComp=687&CameraComp=453&SampleComp=0&FLIComp=0&APIComp=0

Woody, I agree with you, I should have known. Here are the photos I was referring to.

The top photo is focussed in front of the seated people. Look at the grass out front. I'd say it's front focussed by a couple of feet, leaving the subjects a little out of focus in behind

It looks like this to me as well. The lens looks like it got front focused here. The grass out in front looks pretty detailed.

Etienne, Chris Charles, StudentOfLight,
I went back and looked at the images closer and I found the differences. When I shot with the 70D the AF point was set to center focus; where as the 5D MK III was set to AF point expansion/surround.

With that said, it still appears to me when looking at the original images posted earlier (yesterday) and looking Benro mono pod it still looks sharper with the 5D MK III. Thanks guys.

Attachments

• 70D.png
    70D.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 223
  • 5D MK III.png
    5D MK III.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 215
Upvote 0
monkey44 said:
whothafunk said:
Near $3000 for an APS-C haha. People with such nonlogical thinking should get off their unicorns.

If you read the post, that's not what it says ... some of you all 'think' you know what posts say, take one out of context, and then make idiotic remarks - like this one.

I agree with you... Both with your ORIGINAL "$3,000" comment as you intended it to be... As well as your comment about idiots and context... ;)

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
nvsravank said:
Any mention of whether the metering will be linked to the AF point? That would be icing on the cake for me, but see no mention of it.

I would suspect no, sadly.

Wish my 5d3 had this. I almost always shoot in manual mode because of inaccurate metering in many situations. This feature might make me lazy (and happy). :)

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Canon1 said:
neuroanatomist said:
nvsravank said:
Any mention of whether the metering will be linked to the AF point? That would be icing on the cake for me, but see no mention of it.

Wish my 5d3 had this. I almost always shoot in manual mode because of inaccurate metering in many situations. This feature might make me lazy (and happy). :)

For a few thousand dollars more, you can be lazy and happy. Just buy a 1D X. ;)

Upvote 0

MagnumJoe

5D MK III
Dec 19, 2012
neuroanatomist said:
Canon1 said:
neuroanatomist said:
nvsravank said:

neuro, made me laugh. Do I need a 1DX no, do want one yes; 3K saved only 3K more to go to get a refurb. :)

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
Canon1 said:
neuroanatomist said:
nvsravank said:

Guess I don't have to... looks like I can get it for $1800. :)

Upvote 0
7D Mark III will be announced September 2019 before Photokina 2019. Bodies will ship November 2019.

5D Mark IV will be announced March 2015 or later. Bodies will ship weeks later.

Disappointments with the 7D Mark II:
- No WiFi (May be a reason why there's a SD slot for EyeFi)
- No 4K resolution video
- No CFast memory card slot for faster than UDMA7 reads/writes of 167MB/s.

Extreme_PRO_CFast_515MBs_Front_128GB-470x400.JPG

Upvote 0