New 6D and M42 lenses capability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's one I took a day or so ago with the 6D and SMC Takumar 55mm f/1.8 (which, other than being manual focus, doesn't really behave like a vintage lens at all. It's color, contrast, sharpness, and even flare resistance gives up very little to modern lenses).

Simple Things by Thousand Word Images by Dustin Abbott, on Flickr

Upvote 0
Hello! I am looking for a nice, sharp and not too expensive medium telephoto in m42 mount (at less 135mm, as I already have a 85mm f/1.8 ). Any idea? For now, the best price/quality ratio seems to be with the Jupiter 37A-AM 135mm f/3.5; any experience? Even more important, does anybody knows if there is mirror issues for that lens with the 6D? Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
Artifex said:
Hello! I am looking for a nice, sharp and not too expensive medium telephoto in m42 mount (at less 135mm, as I already have a 85mm f/1.8 ). Any idea? For now, the best price/quality ratio seems to be with the Jupiter 37A-AM 135mm f/3.5; any experience? Even more important, does anybody knows if there is mirror issues for that lens with the 6D? Thanks for the help!

Jupiter is a nice choice. I actually like the Super Takumar 150mm f/4 quite a bit. Very compact telephoto, but excellent Takumar color rendering and sharpness wide open is quite good. Very nice portrait lens.

Upvote 0
TWI by Dustin Abbott said:
Artifex said:

Jupiter is a nice choice. I actually like the Super Takumar 150mm f/4 quite a bit. Very compact telephoto, but excellent Takumar color rendering and sharpness wide open is quite good. Very nice portrait lens.

Thanks! Do you know if either as mirror clearance problem?

Upvote 0
Artifex said:
Artifex said:

Thanks! Do you know if either as mirror clearance problem?

I've never encountered any mirror issues with any of the 135mm and up M42 lenses I have tried (quite a few of them). You almost never have mirror issues past 85mm

Upvote 0
I have a Super Tak 50 1.4 that I very much like. I would like to get a Helios 44-2. I love the images that come that I have seen. My question is do all the Helios 44-2 share the same Super Tak mount; basically will my current adapter work with any Helios 44-2 or do I need to be looking for specific mount descriptions on ebay?

Upvote 0
arize84 said:
I have a Super Tak 50 1.4 that I very much like. I would like to get a Helios 44-2. I love the images that come that I have seen. My question is do all the Helios 44-2 share the same Super Tak mount; basically will my current adapter work with any Helios 44-2 or do I need to be looking for specific mount descriptions on ebay?

Just make sure it is M42 (which most of them are anyway).

Upvote 0
arize84 said:

Just make sure it is M42 (which most of them are anyway).

Thanks

Upvote 0
arize84 said:
Just tested my 6D at infinity on the Super Tak 501.4 and it does stick! Not too bothered because I normally use it as a portrait lens

To be honest I am rarely impressed with M42 lenses at infinity anyway. I don't feel like they resolve as well as modern lenses at that distance (perhaps due to the adapting process or just the nature of the optics). At close to medium range, however, there are some fabulous options.

Upvote 0
atti_mac said:
Hey guys, I just got my 6D and I have a 85mm Jupiter 9 M42 lens. I was reading about the adapters with AF confirm, but also they said not all of them compatible with the 6D? Can you guys help me out and tell me where to buy, and which one?

I'm not aware of any adapters with focus confirm chip not working with the 6D so long as it is a Canon mount. I've used multiple ones off Ebay (usually around $10) in both M42 and K-Mount and haven't had any issues.

Upvote 0
nghia3d said:
Hello Everyone!
Can i use PENTAX 28MM F/3.5 SUPER TAKUMAR M42 SCREW MOUNT MANUAL FOCUS LENS in this link:https://www.keh.com/243685/pentax-28mm-f-3-5-super-takumar-m42-screw-mount-manual-focus-lens-49
on my canon 6D??I don't know mirror hang issue?

I have SMC Tak 28mm f/3.5 and it works fine on my Canon 6D. No hang. It does vignette fairly heavily wide open, however. It's actually a very cool lens on the 6D.

Upvote 0
nghia3d said:
Hello Everyone!
Can i use PENTAX 28MM F/3.5 SUPER TAKUMAR M42 SCREW MOUNT MANUAL FOCUS LENS in this link:https://www.keh.com/243685/pentax-28mm-f-3-5-super-takumar-m42-screw-mount-manual-focus-lens-49

I have SMC Tak 28mm f/3.5 and it works fine on my Canon 6D. No hang. It does vignette fairly heavily wide open, however. It's actually a very cool lens on the 6D.

What is different between smc takumar and super takumar.I had ordered super takumar,and some people warn me it will hang mirror. :'( :'(
BTW,Thanks you because your reply

Upvote 0
nghia3d said:
nghia3d said:
Hello Everyone!

What is different between smc takumar and super takumar.I had ordered super takumar,and some people warn me it will hang mirror. :'( :'(
BTW,Thanks you because your reply

I don't know if there is any physical difference. The SMC refers to the coating (Super Multi Coated), not necessarily a physical difference. Just know that with many of these lenses the difference between hanging and not hanging is very slight. Just the difference in the adapter could make all the difference. All I can tell is that my copy does not hang at all.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.