New to the forum!

Hi, my name is Adam Small. I started shooting about two and a half years ago, when I got my first camera (Canon 7D). I originally bought the camera because I was going to school for graphic design and thought it would help me in the creative process. Ever since photography has consumed my life. I mainly shoot action sports and product photography and have been perusing a prefesional career In the field for about a year.

Hopefully we can all help each other learn more about this commonality we all love.
Here are acouple of my photos! Plz give me any feedback you might have!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    616.7 KB · Views: 630
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 597
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 606
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 639
Hi Adam, welcome.
I see you are a skater, or at least hang out with them.
I've been a skateboard manufacturer since around the mid 80's here in Australia, and taken a ton of skate shots.
http://www.omnisk8.com.au/
The first image is really good, it shows you can balance daylight with flash.
2nd one seems you have the flash aimed a little low, and though you have him directly over the hydrant he hasn't caught the board and makes it look almost like a bail shot.
Last one I like where you are going with it, maybe a little closer ? but just nit picking really.
Product shot ... looks nice .. though if you want some real anal feed back.
There is a number of dust specks on the frame a bit of fluff also, and perhaps you could get more depth of field by perhaps focus stacking... or buying a 30K technical camera and tilt shift it to get deeper focus ... ha .. no, just messing with you .. good pics though.
But yeah for product shots for a big client they have to be clean as they will want to run them in Thrasher or Transworld etc, paying upwards of 10K-15K for a full page add so they must be clean.... so get those dust spots off and make sure the logo is in focus on the arm there, it is a slightly out .. try some focus stacking.

Upvote 0

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
Welcome to the Club, " CR Club" , dear new friend Adam.
Yes, Photography is a great Part of Graphic Design too, as the great tool to help , and to create your graphic work. Yes, My son " Bobby" is Graphic Design/ Mutimedia Artist too, He graduate with Master Degree in Graphic Design school at NCSU. and he is a good photographer too.
Yes, If you have time, Please go to so many Old Posts that You can learn the Photography Knowledge/ Thicks Fro Our Friends = Teachers, Professional Photographers, and Just The Photographers who have a tons of Experience in Photography, Who can help you= If you have a question or want to do/ Create BETTER JOBS/ Photos/ ARTS WORK.
Good Luck.
Surapon Sujjavanich, AIA.

Upvote 0