New Zealand Landscapes

These were all taken with a Canon 5D III, 16-35mm f/4L IS USM.

tgFjl5sh.jpg

iYVSStMh.jpg

hIRefcIh.jpg

TkQ0m3Gh.jpg

nXXaEWch.jpg

ZnqlFdnh.jpg

XzM9OD9h.jpg

surOPBph.jpg

WyEVGnqh.jpg

DErBnP1h.jpg

laaczhXh.jpg

59JNOq5h.jpg

jy8QauNh.jpg

0bRRSKah.jpg

hC7rkF8h.jpg

lion rock said:
Super photos!!! Really great.

May I ask where you visited? My wife and I plan to visit the South Island again in December 2016.

Hey, you and me both! I went with Red Carpet Tour group, and will be going again in Dec 2016.

January 4 - Arrive in Auckland
January 5 - Down time day
January 6 - Te Kuiti, Matamata, Waitomo
January 7 - Piopio, Mt. Ruapehu
January 8 - Ohakune, Wellington
January 9 - Kaitoke
January 10 - More Wellington
January 11 - Picton, Pelorous River, Nelson City
January 12 - Mt Olympus, Mt Owen, Blenheim
January 13 - East Coast, Kaikoura, Christchurch
January 14 - Mt Sunday, Lakes Tekapo and Pukaki, Twizel
January 15 - Twizel, Lake Wanaka, Cromwell
January 16 - Alexandra, Arrowtown, Queenstown
January 17 - Mavora Lakes
January 18 - Queenstown
January 19 - Glenorchy/Paradise/Remarkables/Wakatipu Basin/Kawarau Gorge/Arrow River/Coronet Peak/Skippers Canyon
January 20 - Doubtful Sound/Manapouri/Wilmot Pass
January 21 - Heliworks Helicopter Charter (Queenstown, Central Otago, Fiordland National Park, Greenstone/Caples Valleys, Olivine Plateau, Mount Aspiring, Earnslaw Burn, )
January 22 - Milford Sound
January 23 - Depart Queenstown back to AKL back to SFO

Upvote 0
great photos, I am thinking of going to New Zealand when the budget allows, you said the trip was with Red Carpet Tour, I checked their 14 day tour and it seem its packed, did you have the chance to explore a bit, or all the photos are from the exact locations of the tour, I mean the south island is big enough for one to spend months in it to shoot it fully.

Upvote 0
meywd said:
great photos, I am thinking of going to New Zealand when the budget allows, you said the trip was with Red Carpet Tour, I checked their 14 day tour and it seem its packed, did you have the chance to explore a bit, or all the photos are from the exact locations of the tour, I mean the south island is big enough for one to spend months in it to shoot it fully.

The tour is amazing. At times, I felt a bit rushed (as a Photographer), but other times I had more than enough time to get the shots I wanted. I also booked an additional 5 days in Queenstown at the end of the trip - I booked helicopter flights, Doubtful Sound/Milford Sound cruises, Jet boats, etc.

The tour is mainly geared towards fanatics of The Lord of the Rings. If that's your bag - youll be amazed at how tailored this tour is to you. As a Photographer - you might wish you had more time. For me, it was a best of both worlds (HUGE LOTR FAN HERE) - it got me from place to place with ease, and I got to see all the major places that I wanted to see.

You're right - I could have spent a year in the South Island and not have seen it all. Thats why I'm going back. :D :D

Upvote 0