Nikon announces the NIKKOR Z 135mm f/1.8 S Plena

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Beautiful looking lens.
You also can say - terrible looking lens (question of taste!) and still to be in the very reasonable comments! So far, as I understand we can comment about the look of the lens much more confidently than "commenting" it's performance (if any one has an analysis of the performance - please post it)! I personally have no interest of this lens: not what I need!

Yes - I'm a Nikon shooter (as many folks know it in this Forum!). I have very good copy of the 200-500 Nikon zoom (but using mostly the 500 PF) but it's not even close to the abilities (huh, especially the weight and the MFD +more!!!) of the RF 100-500! It's what I personally need from Nikon (not because Nikon cares what I need :)).
Anyway - lets talk with some facts, it may help the next generations of that particular lens (any company, no matter Canon or Nikon or even Sony:)) to get better!

Upvote 0

LSXPhotog

Automotive, Commercial, & Motorsports
CR Pro
Apr 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
www.diossiphotography.com
I was generally happy with the EF 135/2, but used it much less after getting the 70-200/2.8 II and so sold it. I fear it would be the same with the 135/1.8, though I am considering getting the TS-E 135/4 before they disappear.
I loved that lens as well, and had to sell it along with my EF 70-200 to help fund the RF 70-200 purchase - of which, I have no regrets. I believe every lens should bring something unique to your bag and the TS-E 135 would certainly provide that if you have a use for it. It's hard to beat the compact 70-200.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2012
You also can say - terrible looking lens (question of taste!) and still to be in the very reasonable comments! So far, as I understand we can comment about the look of the lens much more confidently than "commenting" it's performance (if any one has an analysis of the performance - please post it)! I personally have no interest of this lens: not what I need!

Yes - I'm a Nikon shooter (as many folks know it in this Forum!). I have very good copy of the 200-500 Nikon zoom (but using mostly the 500 PF) but it's not even close to the abilities (huh, especially the weight and the MFD +more!!!) of the RF 100-500! It's what I personally need from Nikon (not because Nikon cares what I need :)).
Anyway - lets talk with some facts, it may help the next generations of that particular lens (any company, no matter Canon or Nikon or even Sony:)) to get better!
I read your comment twice. But could not understand it. It must be one of my slow days....

Upvote 0