Nikon D600 $2700 MSRP??

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2011
weekendshooter said:
Axilrod said:
www.nikonrumors.com
I knew $1500 was a giant pipe dream, but I can't believe it's that close to the d800.

it won't be nearly that close. The $2700 is a direct conversion from yen; at that rate the D800 costs nearly $3500. The US price will more likely be closer to $2000.

Still substantially more than $1500

Upvote 0
W

weekendshooter

Axilrod said:
weekendshooter said:
Axilrod said:
www.nikonrumors.com
I knew $1500 was a giant pipe dream, but I can't believe it's that close to the d800.

it won't be nearly that close. The $2700 is a direct conversion from yen; at that rate the D800 costs nearly $3500. The US price will more likely be closer to $2000.

Still substantially more than $1500

We won't know until the official unveiling; it should be sometime tonight I believe. I expected around $1800 from the beginning; the people clamoring for $1500 have always been overly optimistic. I do think they can get it out under $2000 and in that case it's a great deal for people looking to step up to full frame but not wanting the size and price of a D800.

If it's over $2000, then I don't have to kick myself for jumping on a new D700 for $2200 when the price dropped a few months back. Even at $1600-1800 I think the D600 is too much of a step down in build quality and features, despite the new sensor. And yes, I still read CR. I wish NR was half as civilized as (most of) this forum.

Upvote 0
nicku said:
:((( ... that mean a expensive (around $2500 or more) Canon 6D

I would be shocked if a 6D was less expensive than the current MSRP for the 5D mark II, unless Canon lowered the mark II's price. Frankly, I expect a 6D to be right around $2,500 and Canon to discontinue the 5D mark II to make room in the lineup. Otherwise, the two would cannibalize each others' sales.

Just my $0.02.

Upvote 0

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
Rumor has it canon is/has already discontinued the 5DMKII. I think the 6D will definitely replace, not compete with it in the very short term here. So they could bring it in at the current 5DII price or higher. Based on recent history bet on higher. With the 5DMKIII way up at $3500, they got lots of room to go higher. I hope its no higher than $2500. Not sure I'd buy it at that, but too close to the 5DIII if it goes any higher.

-Brian

Upvote 0
pierceography said:
nicku said:
:((( ... that mean a expensive (around $2500 or more) Canon 6D

I would be shocked if a 6D was less expensive than the current MSRP for the 5D mark II, unless Canon lowered the mark II's price. Frankly, I expect a 6D to be right around $2,500 and Canon to discontinue the 5D mark II to make room in the lineup. Otherwise, the two would cannibalize each others' sales.

Just my $0.02.

I don't think so. 5D2 just have to go down. Tech-wise, it's a little bit old already. If Canon thinks it's too low a price for an FF then I agree with you that they will discontinue it. But I hope 6D will directly compete with D600 in terms of specs and pricing.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.