NiSi to announced the RF 15mm f/4 on January 8, 2021

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
NiSi is getting into the RF mount lens game with their first lens for Canon in the form of an RF 15mm f/4. The new lens will be officially announced on January 8, 2021, and will cost $539 USD / £419 / €459 at launch.
NiSi 15mm f/4 Specifications

Focal Length(full frame)

15mm

Focal Length(APS-C)

22mm

Lens Mount

SONY E/CANON RF/NIKON Z/FUJIFILM X...

Continue reading...

dlee13

Canon EOS R6
May 13, 2014
Australia
Having the same filter thread as the RF 24mm-240mm is pretty convenient. I’ll have to watch for reviews and be a good boy this year.

I made it one of my goals to control my GAS this year and only get a UWA prime but I’m already looking at other lenses too. There’s no hope at resisting GAS haha

Upvote 0
Too slow for Astro, one of the use cases for this focal length. Could be useful for landscape, but frequently that is covered with a wide zoom. So, not seeing a big demand for this lens. I’m sure some forum members will enlighten me.
Maybe architecture but I agree that it is too slow for astro and hard to beat the Samyang 14mm/2.8 in the cheaper end of the market. 15mm is covered by the Tamron 15-30mm or Irix so hard to see where it would compete.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Dec 25, 2017
WOW! That size is amazing! With an native RF mount, its a super compact package that we get here on an R5/6 camera! Thats nice for travel (aaah, damn corona).
I think F4 on ultra wide lenses is totaly fine, and the sice is great. For landscape and architecture but especialy travel this looks promising. Though I wonder how well the image quality can be.

Upvote 0