No 3rd party lenses my ass!

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
You weren’t paying attention. The issue is with autofocus lenses only. There are a whole slew of manual focus RF mount lenses from a variety of manufacturers, and Canon does not seem to care about that.

By the way, your ass has nothing to do with this issue.
The thread should be retitled: No 3rd party lenses - oh, I'm an ass.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Thank you. Now, show us a link to purchase a new copy from a reputable dealer.
The introduction to the linked Opticallimits review says that they are about to stop manufacturing the lens and begins:
”As of the time of this review, Samyang has been the only third-party manufacturer offering AF lenses in Canon RF mount - namely the Samyang (Rokinon) AF 14mm f/2.8 RF & AF 85mm f/1/4 RF ... but their status is unclear. Canon R-mount is a closed ecosystem with Canon obviously not willing to issue mount/protocol licenses. But it seems as if there's even more to it. Samyang appears to have reverse-engineered the protocol but, at least according to messages on social media, they are about to stop manufacturing AF lenses for R-mount (because Canon threatened them?). The future of these lenses is therefore foggy at best. However, you can still buy the AF 14mm f/2.8 RF for as little as 650USD/EUR making it an attractive alternative to the superb but expensive, native Canon RF lenses.”

Upvote 0
The fact that you can’t keep up with current news is YOUR problem.
Reading Comprehension, it's a good skill to learn.

So is learning how to use a search engine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Yes, it is. I suggest you try to acquire it.

24C5CBEE-C021-46F7-B135-9D7298D4DDCB.jpeg

Did you miss where I wrote ‘new copy’?

That’s only helpful if you comprehend what you read in the results. You also missed where I wrote, ‘available to purchase’.

C15C1BD9-0A65-4A90-BD73-9471130C8E91.jpeg

Show me the RF mount lenses here:
They used to be there, they’re gone now.

Here they’re just ‘sold out’ but somehow not in non-RF mounts.

If you’d like to embarrass yourself further, be my guest.

Upvote 0

AlanF

CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012

You have come in late to this party. To put in context, the history is that we had thoroughly discussed in other threads the news that Canon was preventing the production of AF RF lenses but not not MF RF. The story was broken in dpreviews and widely discussed in forums here and elsewhere:

There is no dispute about the availability of MF RF lenses. If you are going to barge in late, you can take the consequences of accusing neuro of lacking reading comprehension.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0