Ok, so I'm switching to Canon.. Please help!

AuroraChaserDoug said:
Sports, high ISO, video - 1DX mkII

The 5D MkIV has same AF system as 1DX mkII but at slower frame rate at only 7 fps. I prefer having the option of removing the battery grip and going "light" with my 5D and having the larger sensor. It's a great all-around camera.

However, if your primary purpose is sports action, then go with the 1DX mkII. Here is a shot of a race with my 5d mkIV. The better shot would have been the moment both lead dogs had their heads up at the top of the stride, which would have been captured with a 1DX mkII. As it was, my buffer was filling from the previous burst and I was surprised to get this one.

Thats a great shot, and I do completely understand the advantages of the 1Dxii, and like you, would like the option of going lighter when necessary. Like this week/weekend in Boston. Traveling by foot with gear in backpack sounds fine and dandy, but gets old pretty quickly.. Thanks for your input!

Upvote 0
yungfat said:
Err... I think SONY will suit you better....

Yes, I do keep coming back to the a7iii and the a7riii..

Only thought here is:
• Canon has better rounded/ more complete selection of lenses
• I like Canon color, specifically skin tones in variety of lighting situations.
• Have seen many reports of the a7's having heat issues, among other things
• I am not a huge fan of having to charge batteries, Canon crushes Sony here
• This is just me, but it seems like Canon may have better customer service more oriented to photographers

Obviously most of this enters the realm of personal preference..

Upvote 0
Jack Douglas said:
The only way to avoid insanity is to just make a decision on one of the many excellent cameras with the best choice of lenses and then avoid reading reviews, especially DPR if you've chosen Canon. CR is great for stirring up doubts if you read certain threads - after all "Canon is stupid".

Jack
True and true, thanks Jack!

Upvote 0