old church at night

Nice tranquil image.

If I were being hyper-critical I would suggest the following for a subsequent attempt:

1. Night shots are best taken when there is just some colour left in the sky. There is usually a tipping point when the streetlights etc kick in, but there is still some colour. That rich indigo blue. If there is some slight cloud formations then it can also add interest. The sky here, and the reflections are just a bit lifeless.

I would go onto The Photographers Ephemeris and see where the sun will be be in relation to your viewpoint on the church facade, if the facade faces east then the sun will set in the west behind it, if the facade faces west then the sun will rise behind it. Do be careful though as sometimes these feature lights are switched off later on at night, and so may not be there if you go for a dawn shot.

2. White balance. The white balance on the church is probably correct yet looks a little cool (granite stone) and the sodium lights are just yukky. You can get round this by doing shooting RAW and doing a couple of conversions, one with WB set for sodium (just under 1800K or as close as your software will allow) and one with the WB set for the church facade (perhaps tungsten preset, 3200K)

Using PS you can place the church layer over the sodium layer, and crop out around the localised church.

This would mean that your general scene has correct WB (as the sodium also reflects and lights trees pavements etc) and the church is correct too.

It's mixed lighting and without getting some mired LEE gel and placing it over the church lighting (if this were a commercial shoot for say a postcard, or to illustrate restoration I would do just that) you are limited to a post fix.

All meant in the spirit of constructive criticism.

Upvote 0