One day equipment with out camera bag or backpack

Surapon does not fool me. His last name starts with an “S”. He can carry unearthly loads. He likes to hang out with photographers. He says he is from North Carolina, but have you ever seen him in the same room with kryptonite? It can only mean one thing.

Attachments

• supersurapon.jpg
    supersurapon.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 1,627
Upvote 0
Lloyd said:
Surapon does not fool me. His last name starts with an “S”. He can carry unearthly loads. He likes to hang out with photographers. He says he is from North Carolina, but have you ever seen him in the same room with kryptonite? It can only mean one thing.
index.php

I already suspected.
This man can only be superhuman.
This explains why Mr Surapon always appears wearing eyeglasses, and wearing long clothing.
He must hide his true identity superman.

Or is MacGyver? :eek:
MacGyver1.jpg

Upvote 0
jprusa said:
Arctic Photo said:
bainsybike said:
RustyTheGeek said:
I think everyone here on CR will agree that surapon is one of our favorite members. He has some of the most interesting posts! You never fail to amaze, amuse and impress me surapon!! You 'da man!

+1
I do agree. More people should be more like Mr Surapon. This forum would be even better than it alreadys is and surely, we would be the friendliest and most creative bunch of photographers, amateurs and pros.

+1

+1. Mr. Surapon, you are humorous, self-deprecating, always willing to impart knowledge and experience and just a great guy to have around the forums. Cheerio!

Upvote 0
sagittariansrock said:
jprusa said:
Arctic Photo said:
bainsybike said:
RustyTheGeek said:
I think everyone here on CR will agree that surapon is one of our favorite members. He has some of the most interesting posts! You never fail to amaze, amuse and impress me surapon!! You 'da man!

+1
I do agree. More people should be more like Mr Surapon. This forum would be even better than it alreadys is and surely, we would be the friendliest and most creative bunch of photographers, amateurs and pros.

+1

+1. Mr. Surapon, you are humorous, self-deprecating, always willing to impart knowledge and experience and just a great guy to have around the forums. Cheerio!

+1 Surapon, you are a treasured member of this forum, I always enjoy reading your posts and have learned a great deal of very useful photography and DIY equipment information. Keep it coming!

Upvote 0

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
To all of my dear Teachers and My Friends.
Ha, Ha, Ha---Thanks for your Great post, great answers.
Sorry, Past 3-4 days, I go out of town for business, and do not have computer to get in CR web site.
Yes, Next 2 days, I will answer all of my dear friends Posts.
Have a great week.
Surapon

Upvote 0
RustyTheGeek said:
I've been considering getting a true padded belt system sometime. This is interesting to look over and analyze. Surapon, you should put all this on a scale and tell us how much it all weighs. I don't see a place for a water bottle! You gotta stay hydrated dude!

A few comments...

- Love the fax machine!

+ 1

I'm very interested in how much all that gear weighs!

I also agree that Mr Suapon is one of my fav members on this forum.

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
jhpeterson said:
That's quite some kit, Surapon! My admiration that you carry so much gear around all day without a pack.

Also, nice to see you still pack your rocket blower! Hope you're not going to have to fly today! ;)

Thanks, My Friend jhpeterson.
Yes, I can not stand the Weight of 48 Pounds Back pack on my Shoulder, BUT this Belly + Shoulders can Load 75% on my belly belt, and let me exercise my big belly too---to make flat belly.
Good night, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
RustyTheGeek said:
I've been considering getting a true padded belt system sometime. This is interesting to look over and analyze. Surapon, you should put all this on a scale and tell us how much it all weighs. I don't see a place for a water bottle! You gotta stay hydrated dude!

A few comments...

- Love the fax machine!

- I want surapon with me on my next 10 Day Expedition Hike to Philmont Scout Ranch. (http://www.philmontscoutranch.org) He's a true marathon man! It's coming up in the first half of July. I guarantee some great pictures with our scouts in some beautiful country surapon! It's located in New Mexico. Let me know when your flight will arrive here in DFW and I'll pick you up. ;D

- It's good to see you are carrying most of the weight on your shoulders/hips. Now if you would just dump those camera neck straps, you'll save yourself the eventual neck surgery you're going to need otherwise.

Thanksssss, Dear Friend RustyTheGeek.
Ha, Ha, Ha---You love my " Radioshack Fax Machine " Thermo Paper = 25+ years Old and still work in every day, to receive Junk Fax---Yes, I have the New Fax too Just for Send Only.
Yes, As I show on another Post, I have double Shoulder Straps, But when I have the Lenses like this, I must Carry the Camera by the NECK, With CPS Special Neck straps, Because When I run to follow the runners, I must use my both hands carry the camera at my Belly Level ( If Not The Both Camera will swing on both side og my hip-= and I can not run), BUT, If you see the Photo no.CB-10-rev, You can see my DIY, add on Neck Supporter.
Thanks you, Sir to invite me to go to the scout Range on July----Well, July is the month that We will go to the big trip at Yellow stone park and Around that area.---Have Fun, Sir.
Yes, The Belly Belt with the Shoulders Belt = Less than 35 Pounds, 75% weight on my Big Belly and 25% on my both shoulders.
Thanks for your Great Words, Sir, You make my days.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
bainsybike said:
RustyTheGeek said:

+1

Thankss , Dear friend bainsybike.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
TAF said:
RustyTheGeek said:
- It's good to see you are carrying most of the weight on your shoulders/hips. Now if you would just dump those camera neck straps, you'll save yourself the eventual neck surgery you're going to need otherwise.

Rusty;

What is your favorite approach to use in place of the neck straps? I'm always looking for something better.

Surapon - amazing! But I can't help but hear the commercial tag line "I've fallen and I can't get up". Or picture the scene in 'Airplane!' where the woman hangs the Minox around her husbands neck and he keels over.

Dear friend TAF.
If you do not need belly belt and just want to carry 1 or 2 cameras---Please use the Double shoulder straps as the link below---Cheap and Great :
http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=19414.msg365412;topicseen#new
Ha, Ha, Ha---Thanks for your great comments.
Goods Night.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
lion rock said:
Mr Surapon,
You are one special guy. Dedicated to your professions, both as an architect and a photographer, even though you claim not to be a pro, I think you're!
That load of gear must be over 40 pounds, running all over your venue and taking photos without huffing and puffing is a major feat. Olympic athletes, in particular the cross country winter biathlon, require skiiing and then shooting a rifle, needs a lot of control so that heart beat, breathing and muscle spasm do not interfere with holding the rifle steady and nailing the heart of the target. You have that skill!
As others mention, and I fully agree, you are very special here.
Live long and prosper. Give us your wisdom.
-r

Dear my startrek Friend, lion rock
----Yes " Live long and Prosper + fingers sign like Mr. Spock" to you too.
Yes, The Load between 35 and 40 Pounds, But most of the Load on my Big Belly for great exercise too.
Another Yes, Next years when I get the new EOS-M MK II, I will go as the Light weight Photographer---Ha, Ha, Ha.
Have a good Night, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
bholliman said:
RustyTheGeek said:
I use Black Rapid, Op/Tech or BosStrap methods that transfer the weight to my shoulders hanging across my chest to the side over my hip. The camera hugs my hip and stays out of the way. I also will hang an extra camera from a carabiner over my belt on the other side sometimes when I need another body/lens combo.

I too made the switch from neck straps to a Black Rapid strap and/or Cotton Carrier for when I am carrying one or more cameras and extra lenses for an extended period of time. I find these carriers much more comfortable and convenient. That said, I normally do not carry the wide range of gear that Surapon illustrated. The heaviest gear I take on extended hikes or outings my 6D with 24-70 2.8 II mounted and either 135L or 70-200 2.8 II in a belt mounted lens case. I use a Lowepro slingpack if I need to carry additional gear.

Thanks you, Sir, Dear bholliman .
Thanks for your recommends. May be Next year, I might retire from Heavy Equipment, and Use EOS-M MK II instead.
Good Night, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
ajfotofilmagem said:
Dear friend Surapon. It's always good to see you sharing their inventions and discoveries with us. Much wisdom is in knowing your limits. You use the intelligence to overcome the limits of the body, and this is an inspiration for me. Long life to our friend Highlander. :D "There can be only one." ??? ::) ;)

Thanks you , Sir, Dear my Teacher, Mr. ajfotofilmagem.
You make my days again----Yes, Super Crazy Old Man Surapon.
Yes, Sir, I have 1 Hour Exercise 6 days a week include 2 mile running on treadmill too---BUT just for FRIDAY NIGHT = my Eat out with my family at the local Thai Restaurant.
Good night, Sir, Dear Teacher.
Surapon

Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
Dylan777 said:
Surapon,
You look like one of the 300 spartans :)

Ha, Ha, Ha, Dear Friend Dylan777.
You photo and your comment = make my day---I love that movie so much too, And I went to see the Monument and the Place that they lost their Life in the great / Heros/ Battle in Greece , two years ago.
Thanks again.
Surapon

Attachments

• IMG_1486.JPG
    IMG_1486.JPG
    685.9 KB · Views: 371
  • IMG_1487.JPG
    IMG_1487.JPG
    823.9 KB · Views: 359
  • IMG_1493.JPG
    IMG_1493.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_1503.JPG
    IMG_1503.JPG
    1,005 KB · Views: 365
Upvote 0

surapon

Aug 2, 2013
sanj said:
You look cool indeed....

I do wonder, without much knowledge of the assignment you were on, if you really needed so much gear. I am sure it slows you down and for sure prevents you from getting quick low angles where you need to be on your elbows or knees.

Cheers!

Good Night, Sir, Dear Friend sanj.
This Set for me to go to shoot the Christmas Parade, Or Marathon Running, That I need Lenses from Super Wide Angle to The Mid Tele./ Zoom. No, In the Lowest angle, I just Lower my Knees, But still on my two legs, and Put the Camera on the Ground and Shoot = 10 Times and Hope that 1-2 Photos will be good one.
Have a great Night, Sir.
Surapon

Upvote 0