ordered refurbished from canon, now backordered. what to expect?

Hi all. I was able to successfully order the 24 and the 70 RF zooms when they went on sale on the canon refurb site in December. The 24-70 we received and it looks and shoots like new. The 70 I never got a shipped email so after a month I've started to look into it. The orders never did show up in my Canon shopping account (maybe because they're refurbs?) but by calling and with the order number I can get an automated response saying that it's "backordered". I'm just curious if anyone here has been through this and had success eventually receiving the backordered refurbished item. I don't need it right away, and the savings was like $650. But if its a lost cause I'll cancel and go another route. Thank you.

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
I ordered a refurb 24-105 f/4 L with an RP as an accessory, and it went to backordered. Eventually the status did change to "processing" (that took a couple of months), but it never went from "processing" to "shipped" until I called Canon to ask what "processing" meant. It had somehow got "stuck" in their system.

I think you will get your item eventually, but you might have to call them if it stays in "processing" for more than a week.

Upvote 0