Patent: Canon RF 18-45mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM for APS-C sensor

As a PS, I just picked up an 18-135 nano USM for $200, including taxes and shipping. I gave away the STM version to a friend who needed it for wedding photography, and three months later just kept missing this focal range versatility. Was really trying to get rid of my EFS optics and prepare for an RF future, but... I mean, come on. Think about the utility of this 18-135, with excellent stabilization, probably 3-4 stops, completely silent operation for video/mic work, for $200! I'd have to spend ten times this to get anything even close in RF world. And I've got the 10-18, 55-250 STM's, and the 24, 40, 50, 85 and 100 macro. The value proposition here, if you don't need eye-tracking, is just unbelievable. Replacing this range with RF glass would probably cost $20k. The 80D sensor is just fine. Even 4k video is not all the rage everyone thought, because we're watching almost everything on tiny screens, and unless someone is a pixel peeper, they'll never know the diff. And if canon makes even a single APS-C body with all the fancy IBIS/BSI/Eye-Animal-etc tracking, and these lenses are compatible, we're talking another decade or more of utility at minimal cost. Am I wrong?

Upvote 0