Patent: More patents related to a new style of ILC from Canon

SnowMiku

EOS M6 Mark II
Oct 4, 2020
It looks like they are still interested in supporting EF-M, if EF-M was truly dead they could have just made this RF. That's good because I've just bought a used M5 with the EF-M 18-150mm for a really good deal.

Reactions: gektor

NJFanta

I'm New Here
Jun 3, 2020
My guess, It's a device for a different field.

1. thermal image camera/sensor for police, fire & Rescue, Home builders, etc.
2. IR - night imaging
3. speeding device
4. Some sort of tool that needs imaging, (Thank You Captain Obvious)
5. Ghost Busting imaging device

Because the unit only pivots up and down, I would say it's not a gimbal and it's going to be a related device & not something we would use as photographers. With that said, lets think outside our box and come up with some fun ideas?

Mt Spokane Photography

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Mar 25, 2011
From what I read, its for Vloggers. The lens can be flipped by hand to bring the photographer / speaker quickly into focus and the hot shoe for a external mic rotates with the lens. The idea is to quickly switch from the Vlogger to focus another person or subject quickly and the mic switches as well. That allows a single hand held camera to be used. A interview might be a example.

Maps

EOS M7 (please)
Jan 10, 2021
Do keep in mind that the minimum focus distance on the 600mm is, I believe, 4.2m. You’ll need to mount the device itself to a fairly robust selfie stick. Otherwise, flawless plan.

Can you attach an EF-600 f4L?

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
Do keep in mind that the minimum focus distance on the 600mm is, I believe, 4.2m. You’ll need to mount the device itself to a fairly robust selfie stick. Otherwise, flawless plan.

That's called a telephone pole.

Reactions: Maps

CanonGrunt

C70
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2012
OSMO is the best!

But seriously, this looks really cool and useful.

I think I meant to put “OSMO is *******.”

I think I was drinking when I commented this, because I don’t remember this thread... Quarantine is clearly getting to me guys.. But I am intrigued by a Canon version.

Pape

EOS RP
Dec 31, 2018
That would be good camera if they remove that silly leg .
Use that puck shape ,put round battery to bottom of puck like mobile phones .
Put viewfinder to hotshoe
touch controls to side of puck.

<-- start Taboola -->