PhotoShelter Photographers Select Canon Rumors as a Top Blog

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<p>In the third annual survey of PhotoShelter photographers around the globe, Canon Rumors has been selected as one of the “T<span class="s1">op Blogs Photographers R</span>ead: Cross-Over Appeal Among Pros and Enthusiasts”. We’re in great company, as a lot of the sites on the list we read daily!</p>
<p>While we talk mostly about the gear, be sure to checkout the photographer sites on the “Most Admired List”, which was won by the <a href="http://portfolio.joemcnally.com/#!/index" target="_blank">awesome Joe McNally</a>. Without the great photographers, there’s no point in the camera.</p>
<p>We’re hard at work on Canon Rumors v3.0, which we hope to launch before the spring of 2015. We have a lot of new features, content and a fresh new look coming.</p>
<p>Source: [<a href="http://blog.photoshelter.com/2015/02/2015-survey-results-joe-mcnally-is-the-1-most-inspiring-photographer-again/" target="_blank">PhotoShelter</a>]</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Congratulations and well deserved. I have been a photographer for +40 years and most of them alone. I have been part of a few groups, to discuss whatever we wanted to discuss, but that has been nothing compared to the quality of the responses I get on CR and the number of qualified people sharing their knowledge is awesome! No question, this has made CR my undisputed No.1 site to check in on morning, lunch and evening!

An aspect which makes CR a better site than any other I have seen, is the combination of rumors, speculation, knowhow, discussions and also all the posted images.

There are some very good threads where people show off their photographs. I enjoy those very much. But if you could include an ability to comment on an image, without making a full post on the thread, would be very useful. It would be easier to give and receive criticism and the threads would have more content in less space. It might even be that a Facebook-copied "like" would motivate more people to post.

Upvote 0
Congratulations!! The site is fantastic and you deserve accolades.
PureClassA said:
Congratulations! Looking forward to the new build! Just don't pull a "facebook" and constantly resign everything so no one can find anything anymore ::)
Echoing this sentiment, please don't feel you have to "fix a problem no one has" like so many sites and apps do these days.

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
Congatulations, Craig and all the others involved here!
Thank you for delivering this to us.

Thanks also to all the regular, constructive and helpful posters.
You all make this place what it is.

GmwDarkroom said:
PureClassA said:
Looking forward to the new build! Just don't pull a "facebook" and constantly resign everything so no one can find anything anymore ::)
Echoing this sentiment, please don't feel you have to "fix a problem no one has" like so many sites and apps do these days.
And another one echoing this.

Upvote 0
GmwDarkroom said:
Congratulations!! The site is fantastic and you deserve accolades.
PureClassA said:
Congratulations! Looking forward to the new build! Just don't pull a "facebook" and constantly resign everything so no one can find anything anymore ::)

CR is the ONLY forum I have stuck with (and actually post in) longer than a few short months in my 30+ years of tech work and play. Congratulations on a job well done!

I echo the same sentiment as above, please don't "fix" the site too extensively!! The true value of this site is the forum and those who frequently read and post to it. Not how snazzy it looks. Keep it simple guys!! Thanks. :)

Upvote 0

DominoDude

Certified photon catcher
Feb 7, 2013
::1
I'm not surprised, but very happy for all of you that makes this possible!
Just as mentioned about a photograph being nothing without a good photographer, the same goes for this forum: It would be worthless without all good visitors that share their knowledge, skillsets and photography here. We can be entertained, enraged, educated and euphoric. On occasion we even get squirrels... ;)
The only thing that gets worse by visiting this site: Our G.A.S.

It's a place well worth coming back to.

Upvote 0