PhotoShelter Photographers Select Canon Rumors as a Top Blog

Sep 25, 2010
Eldar said:
It is interesting that this site receives such acclaim. That means that it is being noticed and I´m sure Canon is very well aware of what we write here. If we pull together, we may well have more influence than we think.

It wouldn't surprise me if camera manufacturers collect ideas from social media. The marketing department would (should?) then test those ideas with as much rigor as can be applied to marketing.

Upvote 0

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de
Canon Rumors said:
We’re hard at work on Canon Rumors v3.0, which we hope to launch before the spring of 2015. We have a lot of new features, content and a fresh new look coming.

Are you going to collect users' feedback on your ideas or do a beta test people can participate in? CR is the only forum I visit regularly, and actually I find the look & feel rather nice as it is.

Without being too conservative (even though I *am* a Canon user :)): there's always the possibility to beautify or "improve" something to the worse side :-o

Upvote 0

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de
TWI by Dustin Abbott said:
Marsu42 said:
Without being too conservative (even though I *am* a Canon user :)): there's always the possibility to beautify or "improve" something to the worse side :-o
LOL. This is a great quote...

Originates from my experience doing post-processing. At some point, you should simply stop adding something or tweaking around. Chances are you'll screw up with too many locals and it will look awkward to people that didn't go to the whole process, but see the image for the first time. Concerning this, I'm a believer in KISS :)

Upvote 0