Please share your snow/ Ice Photos with us in CR.

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
lion rock said:
We have over 18 inches here on Thursday.
Looking out of my front door, just too much snow to go wandering about.
-r

Wow, Dear Friend lion rock.
Just 18 inches of snow in your home town-----Ha, Ha, Ha, I have to delete my Snow Picture , just 3-4 inches of Baby snow-----THANKS you, Sir for great/ Beautiful Picture like that.
Surapon

Upvote 0
F

fotorex

Last year in march I went to northern Finland.

a moon corona together with polar lights:
Dieterich_Finnland_75.jpg

the first morning after my first night where I have senn my first polar lights ever at 8 or 9 o'clock in the morning. During the night before the temperature was as low as -32 degree Celsius.

Dieterich_Finnland_21.jpg

an icecube on a bench on the frozen lake Menesjärvi:

i-c-e-c-u-b-e-a191c13e-f7a8-433c-9804-c2bfc2f2d2d5.jpg

regards,
Frank

Upvote 0

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
fotorex said:
Last year in march I went to northern Finland.

a moon corona together with polar lights:
Dieterich_Finnland_75.jpg

the first morning after my first night where I have senn my first polar lights ever at 8 or 9 o'clock in the morning. During the night before the temperature was as low as -32 degree Celsius.

Dieterich_Finnland_21.jpg

an icecube on a bench on the frozen lake Menesjärvi:

i-c-e-c-u-b-e-a191c13e-f7a8-433c-9804-c2bfc2f2d2d5.jpg

regards,
Frank

Wow, Wow, Wow---Dear friend fotorex.
I do not care about the snow any more if - 32 Degree "C "---That colder than the tiny snow on the ground.
Thanks you, Sir for great Arts work like that, One time before I die, I ewill go to that place and take the Photos like your photo too---Might not good as your, But I do not care.
Thankssss.
Surapon

Upvote 0
F

fotorex

lion rock said:
Photorex,
Hats off to you, both the luck to see such wonderful and rare corona/polar lights and to live through -32 C. I salute you!
-r
I didn't know that corona and polar light together are such a rare event when I was there last march. So I guess this was more luck than winning the lotterie especially as it was my first week of holiday ever to watch polar lights.
For me the -32 C wasn't that big of an issue. More for the camera equipment. The cable of my remote release was frozen to a hard stick so I was able to hold my remote release horizontally in the air and the shutter of my 5D2 begun to move much slower as I knew it before.

@My friend surapon.
It is really worth the experience beeing in such conditions. It' s not necessarily important to bring the really good photos back from there. I can recommend to you, to go to such a place one time in your life. I especially like the cold air for their cleanliness and freshness.

Here you can watch more of my pictures that I have taken during the week at lake Menesjärvi:
http://www.mx5-twins.de/Finnland_2013/

regards,
Frank

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
surapon said:
lion rock said:
We have over 18 inches here on Thursday.
Looking out of my front door, just too much snow to go wandering about.
-r

Wow, Dear Friend lion rock.
Just 18 inches of snow in your home town-----Ha, Ha, Ha, I have to delete my Snow Picture , just 3-4 inches of Baby snow-----THANKS you, Sir for great/ Beautiful Picture like that.
Surapon
I feel for you guys.....

We are a lot more used to it up here.... I usually have to go shovel off the roof a few times per winter to keep the snow load down.... makes for some good piles of snow..

The first picture is the view out my kitchen window....
The second picture is the view out the patio window onto the raised deck...
The third picture is my comfy little house....

This year has been colder than normal, but we haven't gotten much snow...

Attachments

• DH093733.jpg
    DH093733.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 1,322
  • DH093722.jpg
    DH093722.jpg
    251.8 KB · Views: 1,294
  • kitchen window.jpg
    kitchen window.jpg
    183.1 KB · Views: 1,275
Upvote 0
Jan 1, 2013
Dear Don Haines,
I think you beat us here, but, this is not bragging rights. Some people have it very hard.
I just experienced a lot of snow falling from the roof, we just installed some solar panels and the slippery surface just don't hold snow back snow like regular shingles. Thankfully, it came down in 3 batches and not in one. The deck may have a hard time with a single dump.
-r

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
lion rock said:
Dear Don Haines,
I think you beat us here, but, this is not bragging rights. Some people have it very hard.
I just experienced a lot of snow falling from the roof, we just installed some solar panels and the slippery surface just don't hold snow back snow like regular shingles. Thankfully, it came down in 3 batches and not in one. The deck may have a hard time with a single dump.
-r
That's why I rake my roof off once there is more than 18 inches of snow on it.... if it came down at once it would crush the deck... Call me weird, but I like snow....strap on the snowshoes and you can go anywhere.... Up here, we are used to it and equipped to deal with it. They don't even bother to cancel school for a two foot snowfall...

Here's a few from several years ago.... the last canoe trip of the year, scanned from kodachrome slides...

Attachments

• b17-196s.jpg
    b17-196s.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 1,224
  • b17-208s.jpg
    b17-208s.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 1,237
  • b17-217s.jpg
    b17-217s.jpg
    172 KB · Views: 1,245
Upvote 0

eml58

1Dx
Aug 26, 2012
Singapore
In Singapore we dont have a great deal of Snow & Ice, so we need to chase it down, always an enjoyable experience as the amount of time your subjected to ball freezing weather is generally controlled.

Images were taken of our North Pole trip in 2009 on the "50 Years of Victory" these were taken in Franz Joseph Land about the mid way point between Murmansk & the North Pole. And our 2012 trip on the "Klebnikov" when we did a 6 week semi circumnavigation of Antarctica.

Attachments

• LeMaire Channel Antarctica.jpg
    LeMaire Channel Antarctica.jpg
    716.4 KB · Views: 1,250
  • Antarctic-Storm.jpg
    Antarctic-Storm.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 1,213
  • Only-Way-Out.jpg
    Only-Way-Out.jpg
    386.7 KB · Views: 1,270
  • Franz-Joseph-Land.jpg
    Franz-Joseph-Land.jpg