Please share your snow/ Ice Photos with us in CR.

Jul 29, 2012
Canada
eml58 said:
In Singapore we dont have a great deal of Snow & Ice, so we need to chase it down, always an enjoyable experience as the amount of time your subjected to ball freezing weather is generally controlled.

Images were taken of our North Pole trip in 2009 on the "50 Years of Victory" these were taken in Franz Joseph Land about the mid way point between Murmansk & the North Pole. And our 2012 trip on the "Klebnikov" when we did a 6 week semi circumnavigation of Antarctica.

Beautiful shots Edward. I especially like the last one. Well done Sir!

Upvote 0
Jun 11, 2013
Don Haines said:
Vern said:
#1 = Morgan Creek, Chapel Hill, HDR, Feb 13, 2014 and #2 = Morgan Creek, Dec 26, 2010 - prettiest snow in memory.
That second picture is FANTASTIC!!!!

Thanks Don - here's another one from that day. Composition is not as pleasing, but you can see what a beautiful snow this was - white Christmas in 2010, Chapel Hill, NC.

Attachments

• IMG_3247.CR2m_resized.JPG
    IMG_3247.CR2m_resized.JPG
    725 KB · Views: 1,229
Upvote 0
A few from Helsingør, Denmark.

_mg_3388.jpg

_mg_3423.jpg

_mg_3446.jpg

_mg_3470.jpg

Best regards.

Upvote 0

surapon

80% BY HEART, 15% BY LENSES AND ONLY 5% BY CAMERA
Aug 2, 2013
APEX, NORTH CAROLINA, USA.
WOW, WOW, WOW.
THOUSAND THANKS for all of our friend's beautiful snow/ Ice and beautiful sky photos, which have a total uniqueness of Times, Place and difference actions.
Yes, 99% of these Photos are fit for publish in National Geograhy Magazine, Yes, In my IDEAS.
Thanks again , my dear Friends. I take my hat off for your great Photos/ Your Imagionative Creations.
Surapon

Upvote 0
Great photos here! I really like the Snow Flowers from Cinto and the LeMarie Channel Antarctica from eml58.

I found an embedded piece of wood (I think it was a small painted piece of wood coming from a dock nearby) in the ice, last year in the end of March.

Photo was taken using the Canon S100. Will probably buy the 6D next month or so. I wonder if the 5D MK III is fast enough for the future photo safaris/exotic travels or if I'm better off saving "a bit more" for the 1DX in the future... but I think the 6D will be sufficient for street, stills and landscape photography. Camera equipment is unfortunately expensive in Sweden, the difference between the 5D MK III and the 6D is more than $1600.

Attachments

• embeddedsmall.jpg
    embeddedsmall.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 892
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
I never imagined such interesting great shots (thanks everyone) and the thoughts that enter one's head upon viewing!! Goes to show that good photographers take advantage of everything that's out there. So much to learn!

There is beauty all around us and it costs us nothing to view. Free like the air we breathe.

I was having a lot of difficulty getting something presentable doing this shot - any advice anyone? I tried lots of things including the 300 with extension tube. Was super bright with direct sunlight and so sparkly and colorful in real life.

Jack

Attachments

• SnowCrystals_0064.JPG
    SnowCrystals_0064.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 905
Upvote 0