Please share your snow/ Ice Photos with us in CR.

Jul 29, 2012
Canada
I'd better stay with sunlit icicles, my heat emission will not make any difference :p

by Erik Astrom, on Flickr

Another very nice shot, Erik.
0057.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks for the appreciation, Graham, bluediablo and DSP

Landing on ice seems to be a tricky maneuver, swans obviously don't like skidding around so they try to slow down to zero ground speed before touchdown.
I've seen ducks land on wet ice, they simply skip lowering the landing gear and make a belly-landing instead. During "roll-out" they start rotating, if you have ever been watching curling, you know the principle :p
And I don't have a clue why the Flickr links does not work today.. :unsure: I did exactly as I use to..
Edit: Picking up links in flickr with "Embed" seems to give a proper clickable link but "BBCode" no longer does.. Why?

F36A4603_DxO_full
F36A4603_DxO_full by Erik Astrom, on Flickr[/URL]

F36A4605_DxO_full
F36A4605_DxO_full by Erik Astrom, on Flickr[/URL]

F36A4611_DxO_full
F36A4611_DxO_full by Erik Astrom, on Flickr[/URL]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
Landing on ice seems to be a tricky maneuver, swans obviously don't like skidding around so they try to slow down to zero ground speed before touchdown.
I've seen ducks land on wet ice, they simply skip lowering the landing gear and make a belly-landing instead. During "roll-out" they start rotating, if you have ever been watching curling, you know the principle :p

No ABS or Anti--Skid
0065.gif

Very nice series.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0