Portrait of your "Best friend"

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
candyman said:
ecka said:

Ouch! But very nice
Lovely! How did you shoot this? And this is play. Notice the claws are out but the pressure is only to hold. Not break skin. And they can do that in a microsecond! Notice the skin depression on the middle finger. It is play.

Well, my first cat Bambi did that to me once - held my finger in her mouth with sufficient pressure to hold and refused to let go so I went in with my mouth and held her paw with my teeth! She had this shocked look. Total disbelief. She let go of my finger. The look said "What! You did that to me? You are my dad - you cant do that!". That look was priceless. If only they could talk.

She has been gone a long time. This incident was probably 21 years back. She was my first cat. She taught me Cat. Before that I thought that I was a Dog person and so I needed to hate cats! Surprise - surprise! Things your "other" family members teach you...

Upvote 0

ecka

Size Matters!
Apr 5, 2011
Europe
www.flickr.com
rpt said:
candyman said:
ecka said:

Ouch! But very nice
Lovely! How did you shoot this? And this is play. Notice the claws are out but the pressure is only to hold. Not break skin. And they can do that in a microsecond! Notice the skin depression on the middle finger. It is play.

Well, my first cat Bambi did that to me once - held my finger in her mouth with sufficient pressure to hold and refused to let go so I went in with my mouth and held her paw with my teeth! She had this shocked look. Total disbelief. She let go of my finger. The look said "What! You did that to me? You are my dad - you cant do that!". That look was priceless. If only they could talk.

She has been gone a long time. This incident was probably 21 years back. She was my first cat. She taught me Cat. Before that I thought that I was a Dog person and so I needed to hate cats! Surprise - surprise! Things your "other" family members teach you...

This is an old picture I took with my Canon A510 P&S 9 years ago. Kittens name was Mars, and he's playing with my cousins hand :). I know they are cute and fluffy and playful, but I would keep my face away from those sharp little claws :). I think I always was (and still am) a cat person. I love cats, they are funny, unpredictable, fast, smart, caring, independent (self-sufficient) and proud animals. It's amazing how they are ready to stand against and (if necessary) fight much larger enemies, even bears :).
Mars is gone too. He was a free cat.

This is the last picture of him I took last year.

Old Warrior by ecka84, on Flickr

Upvote 0
rpt said:
candyman said:
AcutancePhotography said:
TWI by Dustin Abbott said:
(doleful)

Hard to resist those eyes!

+1
beautiful
Yup! Lovely shot Dustin. The trouble is they do not stay this size for long...

Thanks, all. She's actually about 9 months old, so won't get a whole lot bigger. She weighs about 18 pounds.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi ecka.
I have been trying to tell our adopted cat that best friends don't bite your fingers, I will have to make sure he doesn't see this!

Excellent shot.
Lots of other excellent shots too, waterdonkey and Dustin in particular.
Thanks for sharing.

Cheers, Graham.

ecka said:

Upvote 0