Portrait - Trying something new

The Sirren, first, I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond to the thread with your ideas. However, the image you posted, is at about the opposite spectrum of style I'm shooting for. Super over processed, tacky selective blurring (Obviously just my opinion, just trying to help you get a feel of what I'm shooting for here) and her dress looks almost silver now.

Also, unless you rotated it, flipping makes the tilt look even more extreme. Can't tell if you did that of it's just my eyes playing tricks on me. Either way, I don't like the idea of flipping the image, as the Bride and Groom will also be able to tell it was instantly flipped. Again, I apologize if I sounded harsh, I do appreciate your time, this just isn't the direction I'd like to go with the photo.

Upvote 0

rpt

Mar 7, 2012
India
roadrunner said:
rpt said:
roadrunner said:
As a wedding photographer, if the opportunity arises again in the future that I need to start bringing along larger knives, I'm going to start to get worried ;D
As long as you are holding the knives and axes, no worry ;)

And you will need special gear to hold them. I wonder if CR is going to have a giveaway on a knife and axe belt ;)

I'm not even kidding, that was one of the most difficult parts of my day! I was lugging around a ThinkTank Airport Security suitcase with all my gear in it... and couldn't for the life of me think of where to put this stupid knife. I didn't want to put it in one of the front pouches, for fear of cutting up my bad (They are just elastic on the front) and the inside was completely full... So I opted to hand carry it and get a little bit of unwanted attention.
Wow! I did not think about that...

Anyway, I would like to know what you finally go with - no pressure - only if you think you'd like to share...
I have never done themes like this so I am curious...

Upvote 0
To be honest, I can't really find a style that I like. I've tried some clouds with a bluish tint, and I just can't come up with something I love. I feel like I'm wasting too much time on this one picture, when I have about 200 others to edit.

Here's what I've done so far. I basically just used a stronger vignette with some clouds to give the vignette some texture. I also cropped it a bit to improve it a little compositionally. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 20121020-0718-Edit.jpg
    20121020-0718-Edit.jpg
    511.9 KB · Views: 812
Upvote 0