Portraits by Me

S

steven63

For smoother gradients you might experiment with a gaussian blur layer. I've not personally tried it but sounds like maybe it might help??

DCAO5718-2 looks very much like a magazine shot - did she really have that few wrinkles around her eyes? I prefer a more natural look (leaving some wrinkles). Some texture appears lost making her face look one dimensional (also an affect of not having shadow). Not saying that's a bad thing - depends on what type of shot she/you were going for.

Nubia Revisited: Great composition - very natural portrait. Skin tones are wonderful. Her facial tones appear different from her body tones and I don't know if that's attributal to the lighting or if that's how she really looks. I would experiment with a mask over her face and bring the tone/lighting down slightly to see if you can bring it more in line.

DCAO3102-1 is a very nice file. Only thing is the box reflection in the glasses is a bit distracting (for me). I wonder how it would look with them photoshopped out or darkened?

The other photos are too dark on my computer to comment about and I'm on a work computer that won't allow me to go to flickr. That said this monitor is a piece of *^#* so maybe all of my comments aren't relevant. Take'm with a grain of salt.

Thanks for sharing! Good stuff!!

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
sharagim1 said:
all comment welcome.
index.php

Needs a rim light for separation of her hair from the dark background. Also, the eyes are a little softer than I'd prefer.

Upvote 0
Canihaspicture said:
sharagim1, your first image looks like you hit free transform by accident... take a look at her head.

The second image is very blurry. What is your shutter speed?

For sure on the first one; the second one (to me) doesn't look like camera shake; it looks like a general photochop filter was applied . . .

Upvote 0