Post photos of other photographers in action

Rienzphotoz

Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
Aug 22, 2012
I don't mean to post this image in a condescending way about people who use iPads/tablets as cameras ... I think its awesome that we live in an age where different people with different tools and budgets can get into photography the way they see fit ... its cool that people don't have to learn about camera controls, lighting etc to get some decent images that they will cherish ... like this man who was capturing his little daughter's excitement of having discovered a little dome under the stingray exhibit ... I think he was more excited about having captured this precious memory of his daughter then she was about discovering that little dome ... priceless!
I know some photographers scoff at the idea of others using an iPad as a camera, but I think its marvelous that people can capture a priceless memory in a manner that is convenient to them ... that man was using some app to capture the moment in burst mode and later on at the cafeteria I had seen him editing it in iPhoto. During my last vacation in December, I've seen several tourists using their iPads ... I say why not, more power to the people.

Attachments

• iPad Photography.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 683
Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
Rienzphotoz said:
I don't mean to post this image in a condescending way about people who use iPads/tablets as cameras ... I think its awesome that we live in an age where different people with different tools and budgets can get into photography the way they see fit ... its cool that people don't have to learn about camera controls, lighting etc to get some decent images that they will cherish ... like this man who was capturing his little daughter's excitement of having discovered a little dome under the stingray exhibit ... I think he was more excited about having captured this precious memory of his daughter then she was about discovering that little dome ... priceless!
I know some photographers scoff at the idea of others using an iPad as a camera, but I think its marvelous that people can capture a priceless memory in a manner that is convenient to them ... that man was using some app to capture the moment in burst mode and later on at the cafeteria I had seen him editing it in iPhoto. During my last vacation in December, I've seen several tourists using their iPads ... I say why not, more power to the people.
Sometimes it's the right tool for the job... sometimes the convenience outweighs other concerns, but under the right conditions they work surprisingly well.

The lady in the picture is a professional photographer, had a 5D2 and a 24-70 in the backpack, and was snapping away on the iPad :)

Attachments

• IMG_2273.jpg
    IMG_2273.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 636
Upvote 0
Don Haines said:
Rienzphotoz said:
Sometimes it's the right tool for the job... sometimes the convenience outweighs other concerns, but under the right conditions they work surprisingly well.

The lady in the picture is a professional photographer, had a 5D2 and a 24-70 in the backpack, and was snapping away on the iPad :)
LOL, and as long as people don't block my view with their Oversized Viewfinder/Undersized Camera (aka iPad), I say why not. Photography should be fun with whatever tool you use.

Upvote 0
Rienzphotoz said:
I usually laugh when I see people shooting with huge tablet (and tiny camera on it). ;D But misuse in theaters and dance shows makes me angry when people block the view of others in the audience. :mad: They make a couple of photos and videos dark and shaky, and then get on Facebook during the rest of the show. :-X Why paid a ticket if you do not want to watch the show, and disturb the attention of those who want to watch the show? :(

Upvote 0
May 31, 2011
I don't go to dance recitals, but I hear they are boring. Five minutes for your kid and two hours of not giving a Damn.

ajfotofilmagem said:
Rienzphotoz said:
I usually laugh when I see people shooting with huge tablet (and tiny camera on it). ;D But misuse in theaters and dance shows makes me angry when people block the view of others in the audience. :mad: They make a couple of photos and videos dark and shaky, and then get on Facebook during the rest of the show. :-X Why paid a ticket if you do not want to watch the show, and disturb the attention of those who want to watch the show? :(

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Aug 22, 2012
ajfotofilmagem said:
Rienzphotoz said:
But misuse in theaters and dance shows makes me angry when people block the view of others in the audience. :mad: They make a couple of photos and videos dark and shaky, and then get on Facebook during the rest of the show. :-X Why paid a ticket if you do not want to watch the show, and disturb the attention of those who want to watch the show? :(
That can be said about any camera including DSLRs as well ... my first "super tele" lens was a Sigma 50-500 (non-OS) and I was really excited about my new purchase so I took it to a theater (they were doing a dance/musical on Grease), I still remember knocking one guy's head in the front seat with my Bigma :-[ ... weather it is an iPad or DSLR or mobile phone, I think anything that gets in the way of other audience/spectators is annoying.

Upvote 0
Rienzphotoz said:
ajfotofilmagem said:
Rienzphotoz said:
But misuse in theaters and dance shows makes me angry when people block the view of others in the audience. :mad: They make a couple of photos and videos dark and shaky, and then get on Facebook during the rest of the show. :-X Why paid a ticket if you do not want to watch the show, and disturb the attention of those who want to watch the show? :(
That can be said about any camera including DSLRs as well ... my first "super tele" lens was a Sigma 50-500 (non-OS) and I was really excited about my new purchase so I took it to a theater (they were doing a dance/musical on Grease), I still remember knocking one guy's head in the front seat with my Bigma :-[ ... weather it is an iPad or DSLR or mobile phone, I think anything that gets in the way of other audience/spectators is annoying.
Here in Brazil we have a saying: "An elephant bothers many people, and two elephants bother much more". I've been to many shows in theaters (working or watching) and I can say that a guy with a big lens and tripod can distract some people in the background of the audience. But dozens of tablets with large screens make it impossible to watch the show with concentration.

Upvote 0
A friend of mine holding her 6d and 24-70 f4L.

13372735645_070892c7c4_c.jpg

Upvote 0
Nov 17, 2011
Rienzphotoz said:
ajfotofilmagem said:
Rienzphotoz said:

My 5yrs taking ballet class. I photographed all her performances. I always like to sit in the center, the very last roll of theather(where no one like to sit). Set my cameras to silent mode and do my own business. This is why I selected the 400mm f2.8 IS II over 300mm f2.8 IS II.

I prefer NOT to pay $50 for few photos taken by theather photographers with rebels and crappy flashes :p

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Aug 22, 2012
Dylan777 said:
My 5yrs taking ballet class. I photographed all her performances. I always like to sit in the center, the very last roll of theather(where no one like to sit). Set my cameras to silent mode and do my own business. This is why I selected the 400mm f2.8 IS II over 300mm f2.8 IS II.
COOL 8) 8) 8)

Upvote 0

Rienzphotoz

Aug 22, 2012
Jim Saunders said:
There were some classes going on at Image Square while I was there. This was with a 135 f/2, otherwise I'd have pulled back a bit for context. What a place to spend an afternoon!

Jim
Did you deliberately focus on "thunder thighs"? :p ;D ... I'm just kidding, for some reason the "thunder thighs" just seem to stick out the most in the image. ;D ... the girl has a very pretty face and her expression is perfect for the image.

Upvote 0
Rienzphotoz said:
Did you deliberately focus on "thunder thighs"? :p ;D ... I'm just kidding, for some reason the "thunder thighs" just seem to stick out the most in the image. ;D ... the girl has a very pretty face and her expression is perfect for the image.

That was a quick draw with a longer lens than I would have liked, center AF point and not as much aperture as I would have liked but the light in there is surprisingly dim. I think it came out alright, but it was definitely impromptu!

Jim

Upvote 0