Post Your Abstracts

Jack Douglas said:
In viewing all the various shots my "like" level is all over the map. Are there any good books that focus on abstracts and what makes for the best shots, anyone?

Jack

Can't help you with book titles, Jack. I honestly read very little instructional material in photography. I know what I like and go with that. :)

Upvote 0
Two views of a unripe grain field. It's not intended to be abstract, really, but the depth of field seems to produce that effect. I know the second picture is 'soft'. I applied a soft focus filter (electronic) to produce that effect for either better or worse. :)

Attachments

• _MG_5218_DxO_edited-1.jpg
    _MG_5218_DxO_edited-1.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 299
  • _MG_5233_DxO.jpg
    _MG_5233_DxO.jpg
    288.8 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
dpc said:
Jack Douglas said:
In viewing all the various shots my "like" level is all over the map. Are there any good books that focus on abstracts and what makes for the best shots, anyone?

Jack

Can't help you with book titles, Jack. I honestly read very little instructional material in photography. I know what I like and go with that. :)

Well here's my weakness. I tend to be concerned more about what others think unless of course there is something I simply like and don't care beyond that. The book, The Photographer's Eye, really exposed me to a broader perspective, well worth the $30 or so. However, many books are not worth purchasing.

Jack

Upvote 0
Ryananthony said:
Ive never been one to try and take abstract photos, I don't think my brain works that way. But I have been keeping an eye on this interesting thread with a lot of great content. Yesterday, I took a picture of the water from a sprinkler and ended up with this. I hope it fits in.

It's a very nice picture. I like the patterns of light. :)

Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Ryananthony said:
Ive never been one to try and take abstract photos, I don't think my brain works that way. But I have been keeping an eye on this interesting thread with a lot of great content. Yesterday, I took a picture of the water from a sprinkler and ended up with this. I hope it fits in.

Nice.

Ditto for me, so I tried this grass seed.

Jack

Attachments

• Grass seed_32643.JPG
    Grass seed_32643.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 300
Upvote 0
Ryananthony said:

This thread is simply awesome !

Ryananthony, I really like your picture in particular. I could totally see a large print of this hanging on a wall.

There are many more really cool pictures in this thread. Truly inspirational. In fact it really inspires me to grab a camera and go look for that kind of pictures. I've never been able to "see" patterns like this, but you all make me want to try ^^

Upvote 0