Post Your Best Landscapes

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Went to Iceland in January; coming from a hot and humid country it was so nice not to see anything green and leafy!!
31f404695b31414e01d998c0440b8fa1

Upvote 0
Sashi said:
Went to Iceland in January; coming from a hot and humid country it was so nice not to see anything green and leafy!!
31f404695b31414e01d998c0440b8fa1
Aldeyjar is far from the biggest and most photographed waterfall on Iceland, but in my opinion, still the most spectacular. With the combination of the powerful water and the incredible rock formations around the pool, it looks like a scene from another planet. I have not been there in the winter, but this was shot in late June last year.

Really liked your shot also Jeevz!

Attachments

• _B3A0415.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 201
Upvote 0
Wow, how long did you have to stand that still for Jeevz?
Thanks Eldar, I've been wanting to plan a summer visit in iceland to make use of the ultra long sunsets, here on the equator the golden hour is more like golden minutes!
Getting to the waterfall in winter was a lot of fun and it helps to take one of the super jeeps up to it. Be prepared to fight the elements. I had to keep rubbing the filter quite vigorously to melt the ice that was forming on them from the spray off.

Upvote 0
Got this just a few days ago trying out a new (to me) route up Goat Fell on the Isle of Arran. This is actually a small pano (four shots). Didn't get any more shots between here and the summit due to driving rain, hail, gale force winds, and fog - all the stuff we usually get on a typical Scottish summer's day :)

Goat Fell Ridge by Paul Roberts, on Flickr

Upvote 0
Here is a Photo from Frobisher Bay Iqaluit,Nunavut,Canada taken 27-07-2015. The icebergs
have choked up the Bay and the sea lift is unable to unload the supply's as the Barge that transports from the Ship is unable to pass thru the ice.
Taken with Canon 6D and a Canon 70-200mm 2.8 IS II

Attachments

• Sculptured-Iceberg2.jpg
    Sculptured-Iceberg2.jpg
    468.7 KB · Views: 189
Upvote 0