Post your best portraits(street, studio, candid etc...).

Jan 29, 2011
At the risk of getting yet another ban, Sporgon lives in the UK so he is well versed in the difference between goosebumps and nipples.

I think he was referring to these areas. Which do look like goosebumps but I suspect aren't. They are probably just a result of the B&W processing, I find that can happen if you do a B&W conversion of a color image you have previously given a 'film like' or cross process manipulation to.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 4.10.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 4.10.19 PM.png
    84.6 KB · Views: 784
  • Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 4.10.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-05-01 at 4.10.30 PM.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 760
Upvote 0
P

Pookie

privatebydesign said:
At the risk of getting yet another ban, Sporgon lives in the UK so he is well versed in the difference between goosebumps and nipples.

I think he was referring to these areas. Which do look like goosebumps but I suspect aren't. They are probably just a result of the B&W processing, I find that can happen if you do a B&W conversion of a color image you have previously given a 'film like' or cross process manipulation to.

Yea, 90 degree temps... actually too hot and this was scrimmed. I actually loathe plastic "correction" of natural skin aka the "star trek" look.Just a note for future reference, don't reproduce my images in any form without my consent in the future. That I will complain about with the admin of this site.

BTW, who got banned?

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Pookie said:
privatebydesign said:

Just a note for future reference, don't reproduce my images in any form without my consent in the future. That I will complain about with the admin of this site.

Complain all you like, my use very specifically falls under the fair use doctrine. I used a small portion of your unmarked image for critique and educational purposes, that falls 100% under the fair use rules. I did not infringe on your copyright and you need to read up on the actual rules.

https://www.copyright.gov/fair-use/more-info.html

Upvote 0
P

Pookie

privatebydesign said:
Pookie said:
privatebydesign said:

Just a note for future reference, don't reproduce my images in any form without my consent in the future. That I will complain about with the admin of this site.

Complain all you like, my use very specifically falls under the fair use doctrine. I used a small portion of your unmarked image for critique and educational purposes, that falls 100% under the fair use rules. I did not infringe on your copyright and you need to read up on the actual rules.

https://www.copyright.gov/fair-use/more-info.html

I asked you kindly not to reproduce my images or are you so rude as to continue to do it without permission. I do know the answer already... being a coward that can't post portraits of their own here to use for "educational purposes" as an example... it make perfect sense.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
Pookie said:
I asked you kindly not to reproduce my images or are you so rude as to continue to do it without permission. I do know the answer already... being a coward that can't post portraits of their own here to use for "educational purposes" as an example... it make perfect sense.

My point was it doesn't matter if you don't like it or not anybody can legitimately, ethically and legally, do it, if you don't like that then you'd be better advised to just not post those images.

Besides, I did not reproduce your image, I cropped a small section to illustrate a specific point being made about that one image, leading to my next point. Posting one of my own images really wouldn't have added to the answer so I'm not quite sure how that makes me a "coward". ::)

Upvote 0
P

Pookie

privatebydesign said:
Pookie said:

My point was it doesn't matter if you don't like it or not anybody can legitimately, ethically and legally, do it, if you don't like that then you'd be better advised to just not post those images.

Besides, I did not reproduce your image, I cropped a small section to illustrate a specific point being made about that one image, leading to my next point. Posting one of my own images really wouldn't have added to the answer so I'm not quite sure how that makes me a "coward". ::)

What I don't like is taking parts of my work, not the whole. Copy and paste the link all you want but when you start to manipulate the image without consent it crosses a line. As a photographer I would hope you would understand this point but my fault is apparently in thinking you are photographer.

I asked you not to reproduce my work without my consent. If you were a person of integrity you would understand the request. A coward in this circumstance is one who can't muster the strength to post their own portraits for fear of exposure, they can only copy others work. Take a look at this thread... where are your posts with your portraits? Can't find any can you. So you come here to copy others work and comment... yet can't find the courage to post yourself. The coward title is supremely fitting. In the photography world, the lowest form are those that take others work and "use" them for their own purpose, whatever they may be. Plain and simple.

Go ahead, copy all you want. We'll just call it for what it truly is... a pathetic, cowardly act.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
privatebydesign said:

You're quite right, and I think the black and white conversion hasn't helped. The image just looks chilly to me, especially with the wind blown hair. I've also found that over use of tonal contrast or 'clarity' can give this effect too, and I see it to a certain extent in the previous colour image of the same model.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
The other side of the fence...horse getting to know granddaughter.

Canon 5DII + EF 2/100 @ f/2.2 1/2500, ISO 160

The EF 100 f/2 is the forgotten lens in the EF line up; "slower" and more expensive than the 1.8/85, not as exotic as the 135L, but it is better than both those lenses at f/2.

Attachments

• _MG_3344-1.jpg
    _MG_3344-1.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 235
Upvote 0