Post your Panoramics!

bereninga said:
Just wanted to say that I love this thread. Sorry I have nothing but kudos to give to the contributors here. Very inspiring and keep the images coming please. Thanks!

+1, this is my "subscription" post to this thread (I'll try to post some pano sooner or later, too)

LOALTD said:
I'm no pano master, but I occasionally dabble in some stitching. [...] Great place to shoot, stupid easy. Just pull into the parking lot and walk 5 minutes!

Yeah, there's your problem. When I did my first panos, I went "omh how totally beautiful and unusual this is", but now the "one row" static landscape panos are all over the place and it'll get worse with LR6.

Abn0021 said:
Opposed to all the beautiful landscapes, I like to include my wife in mine. Taken with Fujifilm x100T and Iphone 5.

Nice .. and it proves you don't need a ff camera with an expensive uwa lens for these. It's like macro being at least on par with a smaller crop sensor than with full frame.

Personally, I'm currently also trying panos with movement in them (making deghosting necessary) and multiple rows (making it more important to play around with the projection to make it still look somewhat natural-ish w/o the fisheye look).

Upvote 0
Marsu42 said:
bereninga said:
Just wanted to say that I love this thread. Sorry I have nothing but kudos to give to the contributors here. Very inspiring and keep the images coming please. Thanks!

+1, this is my "subscription" post to this thread (I'll try to post some pano sooner or later, too)

LOALTD said:
I'm no pano master, but I occasionally dabble in some stitching. [...] Great place to shoot, stupid easy. Just pull into the parking lot and walk 5 minutes!

Yeah, there's your problem. When I did my first panos, I went "omh how totally beautiful and unusual this is", but now the "one row" static landscape panos are all over the place and it'll get worse with LR6.

Abn0021 said:
Opposed to all the beautiful landscapes, I like to include my wife in mine. Taken with Fujifilm x100T and Iphone 5.

Nice .. and it proves you don't need a ff camera with an expensive uwa lens for these. It's like macro being at least on par with a smaller crop sensor than with full frame.

Personally, I'm currently also trying panos with movement in them (making deghosting necessary) and multiple rows (making it more important to play around with the projection to make it still look somewhat natural-ish w/o the fisheye look).

True. I actually shoot FF, but didnt want to lug it around on our honeymoon (top 2 photos) so I rented the x100T. Neat little thing and easy to take everywhere, but discrete enough not to ruin the moment with needing to take a photo. Side note, x100t captures in camera panoramics similar to iphones.

Most of my panoramics are actually shots of people. Especially when I'm at a graduation or something. I only have a medium-tele prime, but everyone says "hey photographer, lets get a huge group shot!"

The ones above I wanted to capture more of the scene we were in and the moment.

Upvote 0
I find the stitching that LR CC can do is amazing - literally, I feed in images, and out comes this (as a DNG):

www.gigapan.com/gigapans/fc286e54436c13d5af71ce4c08780ca6

Shot with Pentax 645z with the Novoflex VR-system II - it does amazing things, they need to sell an adapter to take it to 2 moving axis. I manually had to adjust to do 3 rows of images. I want to see what a Gigapan Pro would do to make it easier.

Upvote 0
Rocky said:
You all known where that is.

I always envision a "photographed x times" counter on landmark objects so you can see how large the digital data heap already is containing the exact same image :-> ... my local frontrunners are brandenburg gate and the reichstag.

I'd really like to know what the world's most photographed object/scene is, pano or not. Eiffel tower?

Upvote 0

DJD

May 25, 2012
Puget Sound at Sunset from down town Seattle
IMG_0035.jpg

Model: Canon EOS 7D
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/60 sec
Aperture: 4.0
Focal Length: 40mm

Upvote 0
I've gotten really big into panoramas, I just really love the quality you can get from them. Here is a whole bunch of my favorite pano shots with my Canon 5d mkii and S100.

Milky Way Panorama by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_8657-Edit by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_2712-2 by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_2747-2 by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

House Rock by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

Abandon Barn by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_5879-Edit by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_7755-Edit by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

Madison River Pano by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_8227-Edit by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_8853-Edit by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

Palisades Falls at Sunset by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

Abandoned Red Barn by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

Sourdough Canyon by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

IMG_3289-Edit by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

Porsche 993 Wallpaper by Andy Hodapp, on Flickr

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0
Jul 30, 2010
Marsu42 said:
Rocky said:
You all known where that is.

I always envision a "photographed x times" counter on landmark objects so you can see how large the digital data heap already is containing the exact same image :-> ... my local frontrunners are brandenburg gate and the reichstag.

I'd really like to know what the world's most photographed object/scene is, pano or not. Eiffel tower?
This is almost a180 degree panaramic to show the 2 landmarks in one picture with the harbor in between. I will not post it if it is just one of them. Just as you said, it will be the "same picture".

Upvote 0