Powershot G3X possible lens issue

I wonder if someone who owns a Powershot G3X can check something for me.

I have accidently dropped my new pride and joy and I believe I have an issue, I sent it away to a Canon recognised repair company for assessment, I explained the issue and sent it off. They received it on the 07/10/15 and I got it back today 04/11/15 so a good few weeks, they were waiting for a service sheet because its a new model Camera. Workshop report Mentioned error could not be found.

OK the error:

When the Camera is switched off and the lens is closed, the lens wobbles inside the lens housing it seems unsecure when walking along all you can hear is constant rattling around. As soon as its powered up and the lens opens to its first position its perfect and works as normal no problem.

Would an owner of the Powershot G3X https://cameravs.com/Canon-PowerShot-G3-X Camera check to see if this is normal and that the lens does rattle around?

I would imagine it's solid with no movement.

I really appreciate help. Many Thanks Lee

Note: I nipped to a Camera shop to look at a new one out of the box and it does the same. Its part of the IS System apparently (so what did I know) sorry everyone. Thank you

Last edited:

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
I wonder if someone who owns a Powershot G3X can check something for me.

I have accidently dropped my new pride and joy and I believe I have an issue, I sent it away to a Canon recognised repair company for assessment, I explained the issue and sent it off. They received it on the 07/10/15 and I got it back today 04/11/15 so a good few weeks, they were waiting for a service sheet because its a new model Camera. Workshop report Mentioned error could not be found.

OK the error:

When the Camera is switched off and the lens is closed, the lens wobbles inside the lens housing it seems unsecure when walking along all you can hear is constant rattling around. As soon as its powered up and the lens opens to its first position its perfect and works as normal no problem.

Would an owner of the Powershot G3X Camera check to see if this is normal and that the lens does rattle around?

I would imagine it's solid with no movement.

I really appreciate help. Many Thanks Lee

Note: I nipped to a Camera shop to look at a new one out of the box and it does the same. Its part of the IS System apparently (so what did I know) sorry everyone. Thank you
Is this a mail from 2015?

Upvote 0