Preorder: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II, Free CFast Card & Reader About to End

Re: Preorder: Canon EOS-1D X Mark II

expatinasia said:
Eldar said:
I just had a call from my retailer, who wanted my CPS number. Apparently, due to platinum status, I am now first in line :)

Eldar, I would expect no less.
That was a terrible post ... I was just so thrilled with getting a treat ::)

Upvote 0

expatinasia said:
Why would anyone pre-order? A serious question.

Why not? I know I'm going to buy it anyway, so why not get it early?

I've still got all of the same "protection" as someone who waits. If it's a lemon or a defective design it'll go back.

On the flip side, if it's a great camera then I'll have it longer before the 1Dx iii.

My 1Dx has a sub-700 serial number, had none of the recalls and has been flawless since day 1.

expatinasia said:
What is so incredibly urgent that you can't wait a few months until after it has shipped?

I have events in late April, May and August so far...

Upvote 0

From the press release: "A redeveloped full-frame 20.2MP CMOS sensor pairs with dual DIGIC 6+ image processors to avail notable image quality and accuracy"

Hmmm, what other Canon FF camera has a 20.2 MP CMOS sensor? If you said, "the 6D", then you get the prize. I have been saying for years that the 6D has one of Canon's best sensors ever, and it is my guess that this is the next generation of that sensor.

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
Canon Rumors Premium
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England

TWI by Dustin Abbott said:
From the press release: "A redeveloped full-frame 20.2MP CMOS sensor pairs with dual DIGIC 6+ image processors to avail notable image quality and accuracy"

Hmmm, what other Canon FF camera has a 20.2 MP CMOS sensor? If you said, "the 6D", then you get the prize. I have been saying for years that the 6D has one of Canon's best sensors ever, and it is my guess that this is the next generation of that sensor.

Ha ha ! I made a tongue-in-cheek comment on another thread that maybe Canon had been testing the sensor (sans DPAF) in the 6D all along ! ;D

Upvote 0

mackguyver said:
Eldar said:
mackguyver said:
What the hell, I just preordered one, too. I know I'll buy one eventually so I might as well get the most out of my 1D X to fund the upgrade.
;D
We're both suckers, aren't we? :D
He he, indeed we are. But happy ones ;D

Upvote 0

GuyF said:
Jeez, don't you know you shouldn't make a move 'til DxO pass judgement? ::)

Here in the UK, Calumet are doing 24mths interest-free credit plus a free 64gb CFast card and reader.....hmmmm 8)
Too funny - but remember that they test Nikons outdoors in the Sahara at Noon and Canons underground in a Siberian coal mine - then deduct 30% off the score for being a Canon ;)

That interest free deal would be nice to have here in the US, but after selling my 1D X and my 2nd kidney, I should be able to pay off my bill when it arrives ;D

Upvote 0

dcm

Enjoy the gear you have!
Canon Rumors Premium
Apr 18, 2013
Colorado, USA

TWI by Dustin Abbott said:

Hmmm, could make the 6D2 even more interesting if they use the same sensor. Always planned to upgrade from 6D to 1DX2 - think this would be everything I could want. Still might want until 5D4 and 6D2 are announced.

Upvote 0
May 26, 2012

mackguyver said:
That interest free deal would be nice to have here in the US, but after selling my 1D X and my 2nd kidney, I should be able to pay off my bill when it arrives ;D

Yup, though I've got the cash waiting, I saw the deal and thought it could be better to spread the load (but on the other hand I'll still be paying off the full price when it will have no doubt dropped a little :eek:).

I'll still wait to see what the 5D4 might deliver and then make my choice (after seeing what the inside of a lens cap looks like at all ISOs).

Upvote 0

For any Canadians out there, the retail price is being listed at $7999 but at some retailers includes a C-Fast Card and reader. However, the good news is that the CPS price is $6700. A nice $1300 discount and brings it down the the price of the 1DX when it was released. The 1DX had about a $800 CPS discount down to around $6000. Considering how bad our dollar is that CPS price is a welcome relief.

Also for US customers B&H (and Amazon) is listing the package with C-Fast card and reader at the same $5999 price as without so looks like you can get a free card and reader if you preorder.

Upvote 0

midluk said:
mackguyver said:
Have you tried to sell a part of your liver? I have heard it will grow back eventually.
They told me it was too damaged from all the drinking I've done ;D

I was going to sell my ears, but then I wouldn't be able to hear that glorious 14/16 FPS shutter ;) :eek: ;D

Upvote 0

privatebydesign

Canon Rumors Premium
Jan 29, 2011

arbitrage said:
For any Canadians out there, the retail price is being listed at $7999 but at some retailers includes a C-Fast Card and reader. However, the good news is that the CPS price is $6700. A nice $1300 discount and brings it down the the price of the 1DX when it was released. The 1DX had about a $800 CPS discount down to around $6000. Considering how bad our dollar is that CPS price is a welcome relief.

Also for US customers B&H (and Amazon) is listing the package with C-Fast card and reader at the same $5999 price as without so looks like you can get a free card and reader if you preorder.

Which makes it a very cheap camera, that is $4,800 US! Anybody know what the CPS discount is in the USA and I presume you have to pay state sales tax?

Upvote 0

kaihp

Canon Rumors Premium
Mar 19, 2012
The Most Ancient Kingdom of Denmark

arbitrage said:

From what I can tell from the Canon DK website, Canon is offering the same CFast card & reader for free if you buy and register before October 1st, 2016.

I just checked: same applies to Norway, Eldar. (Congrats on being first in line for the 1Dx2 :) )

Upvote 0

privatebydesign

Canon Rumors Premium
Jan 29, 2011

GuyF said:
Curious how the 1DX2 and Nikon D5 are the same price (£5199) here in the UK. Did someone say "price fixing"?

Just seems a bit too coincidental that both flagships are exactly the same price. Conspiracy theorists to the rescue!

Guy, stop being stupid, everybody knows the manufacturers are told their pricing by DXO who work them out by entering specs into a very complicated and weighted proprietary algorithm. It is, indeed, the very origin of the famous saying, "a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma".

It seems Canon have eventually worked out the algorithm, smart money is on industrial espionage because those in the know have let slip the secret to the weighting is dialed in on a multi wheeled rotating encrypting cypher and the one man who built it disappeared on a vacation to North Korea.

But that is all just rumour........

Upvote 0