Preorder: Canon EOS-1D X Mark III with bonuses and a giveaway

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
You can now preorder the brand new Canon EOS-1D X Mark III from our exclusive affiliate partner.
What you get when you preorder from us.

Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Body
64gb CFexpress card and reader
$100 gift certificate from Lensrentals.com (Exclusive, USA Only)
A chance to have your entire purchase refunded by Adorama! (Refund occurs once the return period has ended)

Preorder the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III Now!
While the Canon EOS-1D X Mark III has built-in wifi capabilities, you can still get the brand new WFT-E9A for added wireless functionality and speed.
Preorder the Canon WFT-E9A wireless file transmitter

Continue reading...

Last edited:
Hmmmmm... We have multiple 50.3 megapixel 16-bits-per-channel MF cameras sitting around and YET the bosses still pre-order TEN of the 1Dx3's --- I guess that means Canon STILL makes great cameras! Congratulations to Canon, bacause from what I've seen from online hand-on videos so far, it looks like the good stuff is still all there AND it comes with extras like Clog, 20 fps burst rate and more than just decent dynamic range! Not bad for a Full frame camera!

Still .... it DOES NOT have 6.8 micron super-low-light-sensitive photosites on a 50.3 megapixel 65mm MF sensor with 16 bits per colour channel! AND Canon DOES NOT HAVE a 2/3rds inch and APS-C super-smartphone with 8k video/50 megapixel imaging and 2x optical zoom lens! Call us when you get that!

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
At 20MP... I don't want it. Or Need it.
Just wait until AF tracking quality real life information becomes available.
For a businessman, you arrived at the conclusion a bit too fast. If this new cam gets you more winner shots in critical focus, why would you not consider giving this a go?

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
I have thing in July, so March would be perfect so I can wait until May to make sure it's not from the first batch, and then have 2 months time to break it in.
Both the 1DX and 1DXII has issues at roll out. Mirror Box, Media Compatibility and PCB issues. Between the service advisories that were hard fought to get and the repeated repairs by CPS it was really a troubling experience for those who first adopted the cameras.

At $6500 per copy and two CFExpress 256GB cards and a spare battery plus tax.... you're at about $8,000 to say "hello".

As always post your experience with CPS if you buy first so others can benefit.

It took us 5 copies of the 1DXMKII to get three working copies and two replacements of the 1DX. Just a heads up there is a price to pay for being first in line.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
Still disspointed having no increase in sensor size, I was under the impression of "increase in resolution" means 24-28MP sensor. And since I am not into video, would wait for the next 5D...
Increase in sensor size? I don't think that Canon joins the medium format market... sorry for that joke but I had to make it here ;) Seriously, I think the1D-X Mk III really has to offer some other huge advantages, because Canon did not increase the sensor's resolution. Otherwise, they only would increase the market for refurbished Mk II cameras.

Upvote 0

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
They called the wireless attachment “WTF...” @ a really wtf price of $600+
LOL. When I read this announcement, I immediately imagined a photographer at the rim of a sports field, bustling in his many pockets to seek something and muttering "Where The F((beep)) is my WTF?".

Japanese companies really derive to have international consultants in their marketing teams before they fix a new product name. I remember the stir in Spanish speaking countries that Mitsubishi made with their new "Pajero" model, back in the early 80s. In fact, the Spanish meaning of that word may have turned into a very smart sales strategy in such countries, despite it was most probably not intended by Mitsubishi's marketing.

Upvote 0