Preorder: Canon EOS R5, Canon EOS R6 and new lenses

hne

Gear limits your creativity
Jan 8, 2016
Local store in Dublin has it up for €4849 which is insane. Actually the other main store here has it up for the same price. 5d Mark IV launched at €4300
In Sweden it's over €5000 (incl. vat) for body only. I held off on the 5DmkIV until it dropped under €3000. That'll take some time with this beast...

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
In Sweden it's over €5000 (incl. vat) for body only. I held off on the 5DmkIV until it dropped under €3000. That'll take some time with this beast...
Hopefully e-infinity have it in stock in a few months for much less... they currently have the Sony a7iv for €2500, its 4000 locally.
I know itll be a grey import but that’s a big saving.
I bought my 5d locally but I got an 80d as a backup from e-infinity. Was new apart from an asian plug on the charger...

Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
This is my take also. Love my 5d Mark IV, and I’d love to go mirrorless with higher resolution. But I’ll never use the video features, which is a huge part of the cost. Exciting camera all the same...
how is that true when the r6 is damn near 90 percent of the 1dx iii at less than half the price. Video is mostly software. The same way u can shoot 4k and raw on a 5d mark II due to FREE hacked software. Canon is finally unlocking it for us because of strong competition and decreasing camera sales.

Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Thanks for all that! Regarding the codecs... What I'm really looking for is bitrate information for RAW, All-I and APB. Hopefully it's not still using MJPEG like the 1DX2 and 5D4. The 90D does 4K in 120 Mbps which was a bit low for my tastes. H.264? H.265 (hopefully this is an option because it's amazing using it on the newer Fujifilms)?
mjpeg been died when the eos r camera out.

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0

1D4

Jun 5, 2020
Got my first-ever pre-order in as well, for the R5. 7:04am CST right as it was added to B&H. So excited & really glad that they managed such a quick turnaround on release with all the pandemic-related issues other companies have been having.

It actually went up on B&H right at the top of the hour. Got my order for the R5 + 100-500 in at 8:01ET, after refreshing the pages quite a bit around midnight, 3am and finally 8. Hoping that it's good enough to get me in with the first batch, because I have an immediate need :)

Upvote 0

WriteLight

Landscape and Architecture, R5
CR Pro
Mar 15, 2020
Des Moines, IA
It actually went up on B&H right at the top of the hour. Got my order for the R5 + 100-500 in at 8:01ET, after refreshing the pages quite a bit around midnight, 3am and finally 8. Hoping that it's good enough to get me in with the first batch, because I have an immediate need :)
Yeah, the kit package was up first. I'm with you - I hope we made the first batch!!

Upvote 0

StevenA

CR Pro
Jul 8, 2020
Im not one of the ones that will blindly without non bias reviews buy this camera, which you'll start seeing them pop up soon on Youtube from the regulars. Only then will I order this camera and decide whether its actually worth it.

Peter McKinnon has a video up on the R5 showcasing mostly 4k 120fps. It looks glorious. He does talk about the heating issues when shooting at that resolution, but it's like after 20 minutes when it becomes a problem. I haven't seen/heard as much as I would like on the stills side but I don't have any reservations that'll it'll be outstanding. I've ordered it b/c I'm confident this camera combined with the RF lenses will leave me wanting nothing for the next decade.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0