Problems uploading images.

Crapking

"Whatever you are....be a good one." AL
Nov 9, 2011
jjlabella.photoshelter.com
Just joined after reading along for awhile.
Curious about 'workflow' options and uploading.
I tried uploading a few photos for the contest about to end and the 'quality' of my JPG on my computer screen does not match what is displayed on the site.
I use a 7D, usually shoot in RAW (but my older photos when first learning were shot JPG), and now I post-process a little in PS 5, using ProPhotoRGB color space, 8 bit and 240 ppi.
After touchups in Camera Raw, and opening in photoshop (where I usually do nothing more but save the file), I used "Image Size" to save as 700 x 467 to meet the contest requirements and I chose to embed the Color profile (Prophoto RGB), and then uploaded the image using the attachment option during my 'reply'.
Upon viewing the web image, the colors don't seem right.
I'm new to 'serious' photography and to this forum as an (almost) empty-nester, am still ignorant (but willing to learn) about color management, and welcome any suggestions/comments.

Upvote 0
One last thing... check your file permissions... I upload files to different companies websites daily whom I do commercial photography for... Sometimes, rarely, but it happens, where a computer files permissions will get turned off where other computers other than your computer including servers cannot read the file. Right clicking on the file, looking at properties, and making sure your computer is read/write, and the other two settings (network/everyone else) is at least read. Doubt that's your problems but when all else fails check it... if you have files saved on a network or external drives, sometimes those external devices and especially networks strip permissions from files.

Upvote 0