Profoto announces the Profoto A1X, an On/Off-Camera Flash with Built-in AirTTL Remote

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Press Release:
Profoto, May 15, 2019: We are never fully satisfied with the products we make. We always strive to take steps forward, whether they be baby-steps or strides. That is why we not only will create ground-breaking products. But we’ll also continually evaluate and improve those products. Like we have done with the launch of Profoto A1X, the A1’s new and improved sibling. It has a little more of everything that made its predecessor a success. An even more powerful battery, faster recycling and Sony compatibility are some of the 30 and more updates that we have made to the product. Or put in other words – more when it matters.
Preorder the Profoto A1X at Adorama

Because in photography, there are no second chances. An image might present itself for a second, and then it’s gone, so you can’t afford to be fiddling with batteries or waiting for the flash to recharge – you’ve got to be ready. That’s why the new Profoto A1X...

Continue reading...

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Profoto has zero interest in marketing to photographers that don't make $100K a year at photography. Godox is murdering them in every other aspect. As mentioned before, $1100.....ridiculous.
even thought it is expensive.i can make that back in like 1 weekend

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

RayValdez360

Soon to be the greatest.
Jun 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Work all the weekends you want, you're still paying $500 just for bragging rights. Plenty of top line flashes that do the same thing for half the cost. So, one flash plus a backup, or a very nice label.
[/QUOTE
outside of godox v1. its a good flash. i recently finally lookedat all the pros vs. a regular speedlight. it simply works a lot better. peopel that do weddings or events that require lots of flashes would understand this better than anyone else. i dont have it but i am tired of my 600 ex batteries running low, slow recycle, no fires, and hard time getting gels on and off. then i sometimes use a profoto strobe to light a room. i have to put it in slave to get it to work

Upvote 0