Quiet rumour time - wish list?

TheJock

Oct 10, 2013
Dubai
As we enter in to the quieter rumour months (summer), what would be the number 1 item announcement that would get you excited like a kid in a sweet shop?
For me, seeing Canon finally release the rumoured “supertele at an affordable price”, like a 500mm f5.6 IS at no more than $2,800 would be awesome, but I would also be happy if Sigma released an Art or Sport supertele at the same sort of focal distance with IS and excellent IQ coming in under $3,000.
Let’s hear your wish list items. 8)

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
Maximilian said:
Some prime lenses updates, e.g.:

50/1.4 withorwithoutIS
85/1.8 withorwithoutIS
135/2.0L withorwithoutIS

And maybe a 5D4 that'll really tempt me to buy because of real big improvement in IQ (not MP!) and other features.

8)
85 and 135 are very good lenses. So I guess it is an all or nothing situation (either replaced with IS versions or not replaced at all). Just my opinion.

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
tron said:
Maximilian said:

50/1.4 withorwithoutIS
85/1.8 withorwithoutIS
135/2.0L withorwithoutIS

And maybe a 5D4 that'll really tempt me to buy because of real big improvement in IQ (not MP!) and other features.

8)
85 and 135 are very good lenses. So I guess it is an all or nothing situation (either replaced with IS versions or not replaced at all). Just my opinion.
Hi tron!

I agree that the 135 is really, really good, but there were rumors about a successor, maybe with IS. And the new Samyang showed possibilities to improve.
But I disagree with the 85. It is really good value for that price. But I'd be willing to pay some more for a better IQ (already shown by others for years) and to get rid of the mean CA and purple fringing.

Upvote 0

DJL329

EOS R5
CR Pro
Aug 26, 2010
www.flickr.com
Maximilian said:
tron said:
Maximilian said:

50/1.4 withorwithoutIS
85/1.8 withorwithoutIS
135/2.0L withorwithoutIS

8)
Hi tron!

I agree that the 135 is really, really good, but there were rumors about a successor, maybe with IS. And the new Samyang showed possibilities to improve.
But I disagree with the 85. It is really good value for that price. But I'd be willing to pay some more for a better IQ (already shown by others for years) and to get rid of the mean CA and purple fringing.

+1

And a shorter MFD on both the 50 and the 85.

Upvote 0

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
jcarapet said:
longer than 30 min record times on DSLR's
AFAIK is this limited due to some legislation. Not because of the system or some stu*** Canon idea.
Otherwise this SLR would become a video camera in the eyes of the law and then there some additional taxes and fees.
So this wish must be presented to the governments, not to Canon.

But maybe I'm wrong. Then somebody else please correct me.

Upvote 0
mistaspeedy said:
I doubt that is technically possible without doing something like splitting the light via a semi-transparent mirror and sending it to 2 separate sensors.... not gonna happen.

Well, it IS just a wish! I record a lot of video, and I want it to play smoothly, but I would also love to have the ability to pull sharp stills.

Upvote 0