Quiet rumour time - wish list?

Maximilian

The dark side - I've been there
CR Pro
Nov 7, 2013
Germany
YuengLinger said:
Just one: a new ef 50mm 1.2 L that eliminates focus-shift (at least as well as the 85 1.2 II) and keeps the same dreamy rendering, but reduces the nervous, jittery bokeh that pops up on the current version. By year's end, please!
And if this comes my desired 50/1.4 is not far away any more ;D

Upvote 0

JonAustin

Telecom / IT consultant and semi-pro photographer
Dec 10, 2012
Horseshoe Bay, TX
TheJock said:
For me, seeing Canon finally release the rumoured “supertele at an affordable price”, like a 500mm f5.6 IS at no more than $2,800 would be awesome, ...

Before I got the 100-400 II in January, I had never shot longer than 400mm (unless you include the ~ 450mm FoV of the 70-200 @ 200mm + 1.4x extender on a crop body (20D, in my case). And I thought that would be the most reach I'd ever need.

Since I still have the 20D, I can now do ~ 640mm with the 100-400 II (or 1.6 times whatever actual, true longest FL the 100-400 II delivers), but I must confess that a 500mm f/5.6 IS USM for under $3K would tempt me, if the optical performance were there.

Other than that:

• 50mm f/1.4ish IS with true ring USM
• 24-70 f/2.8L IS USM (wouldn't break my heart if it went up to 85mm) or 24-105 f/4L USM II

At that point, I'm done. (Sixty years old, and all the glass I need.)

Upvote 0
Some sort of improvement with the shutter for much faster flash sync speeds would be welcome. I also wouldn't mind wireless that works to be built in so that I could just send jpgs to a tablet easily without a cable getting in the way. I would actually like to see swivel screens on the higher end models. It would be very useful for landscapes when the tripod needs to be low to the ground.

Upvote 0
Maximilian said:
jcarapet said:
longer than 30 min record times on DSLR's
AFAIK is this limited due to some legislation. Not because of the system or some stu*** Canon idea.
Otherwise this SLR would become a video camera in the eyes of the law and then there some additional taxes and fees.
So this wish must be presented to the governments, not to Canon.

But maybe I'm wrong. Then somebody else please correct me.

Yeah I have heard just that. Just wish it wasn't the case when it comes to Europe. Or it would allow the option to have an expanded record time when in the U.S. I suppose for now it saves the sensor from overheating.

Upvote 0

TheJock

Oct 10, 2013
Dubai
benperrin said:
.....I would actually like to see swivel screens on the higher end models. It would be very useful for landscapes when the tripod needs to be low to the ground.
I must admit, the swivel/touch screen is excellent, one of my favourite features on the 70D, and something I will dearly miss when I buy the 5DIII.
Also good to see that others like the 500mm non L f5.6 idea!! C’mon Canon, help us out 8)

Upvote 0

Hjalmarg1

Photo Hobbyist
Oct 8, 2013
Doha, Qatar
A new ef 50mm 1.2 L that eliminates focus-shift (at least as well as the 85 1.2 II) and keeps the same dreamy rendering.
A new 135mm f2L with IS or Sigma 135mm f2 Art with OS. Nothing wrong with the current Canon one but I'd like IS.
A new 85mm f1.8 with IS or Sigma 85mm f1.4 Art (with OS). Current versions are OK but with some limitations. A refreshment of those with the latest technologies would be welcomed.
A Sigma Sports on 300mm-400mm f/2.8 OS under $3,000-4,000.

Upvote 0

Valvebounce

CR Pro
Apr 3, 2013
Isle of Wight
Hi Folks.
I only have one wish, a decent size lottery win, not after the £tens of millions, a million or two would be nice, clear some mortgages, mine and family, buy any body and lens I want, fix all my classic cars and a few more and still have a few quid to live on! ;D
I've just realised that I have no chance for that, I quit buying lottery tickets years ago! ::)

Cheers, Graham.

Upvote 0
Valvebounce said:
Hi Folks.
I only have one wish, a decent size lottery win, not after the £tens of millions, a million or two would be nice, clear some mortgages, mine and family, buy any body and lens I want, fix all my classic cars and a few more and still have a few quid to live on! ;D
I've just realised that I have no chance for that, I quit buying lottery tickets years ago! ::)

Cheers, Graham.

You have the same chance of winning in either case :D

Upvote 0