R5 / R6 Rebates coming?

Hey everyone, I'm new here but not new to photography as a hobby.
I'm a long time Fuji user but as my kids grow up and pick up various sports I need something with better AF and am contemplating a switch to Canon R5 or R6 or Nikon Z7II.
Canon is my preference but as I never owned one I'm not familiar with Canon's rebates cadence. I know both R5 and R6 are still at their launch MSRPs. Do you think rebates are coming? Soon, this year? Before summer? What do you guys think?

Thanks,
P.

Jan 29, 2011
I'm a long time Fuji user but as my kids grow up and pick up various sports I need something with better AF and am contemplating a switch to Canon R5 or R6 or Nikon Z7II.
Canon is my preference but as I never owned one I'm not familiar with Canon's rebates cadence. I know both R5 and R6 are still at their launch MSRPs. Do you think rebates are coming? Soon, this year? Before summer? What do you guys think?

Thanks,
P.
Email Gordon at canon price watch .com. He will find you the best price and advise on any offers in the pipeline. 100% honest and reliable as many here will confirm.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
In the USA, even the Gray market prices are just a small discount. I got $200 off on my pre-order, so small discounts pop up for a limited time. You may be able to negotiate a lower price with your dealer. They can't advertise a lower price, but they can lower the price or throw in a battery and memory card. A package deal with lenses is possible.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Now we see through a glass, darkly...
Apr 5, 2016
As long as the worldwide chip shortage affects production numbers I don't expect to see any deep discounts on any of Canon's products.

June is usually a time when they have significant deals on older models they're trying to clear out. For instance, in June of 2019 the three years old 5D Mark IV which had been retailing for around $3,300 (body only) in the U.S was dropped to around $2,700 AND Canon was reimbursing dealers for including a free battery grip (selling for $299 list at the time).

I haven't seen any Canon body or lenses with factory rebates this month. Maybe it's still a week early, though.

The other peak savings is usually in late November, though the start dates have been creeping forward to mid-November.

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016

Thanks,
P.

Is summer for you in June-September or December-March?

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
It’s June-September and thanks for your reply.
I think I will follow the advice of @privatebydesign and order from cpricewatch.com, I saw they run R6 at 2,399 and with no sales tax sometimes.

Sales tax all depends upon where it's shipped to and what the state it is shipped to allows. There are only a handful of states left in the U.S. that don't require online sellers to charge sales tax when shipping to that state. If you're not in the U.S. I have no idea how sales tax works.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
It’s June-September and thanks for your reply.
I think I will follow the advice of @privatebydesign and order from cpricewatch.com, I saw they run R6 at 2,399 and with no sales tax sometimes.
I’ve bought from CPW half a dozen times and never been charged sales tax, my US address is in Florida.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
No. Not at this point, well I wasn't up until last week. Obviously that doesn't mean the tax shouldn't be paid in Florida, but I think most private purchases and purchasers would not declare that.

Good to know. I have a brother and a sister who both live in Florida.

Up until 2-3 years ago, we were not charged sales tax from almost all online sellers. We were supposed to declare the purchases and pay the sales tax on our state tax returns, but almost no one ever did. Alabama changed their laws and now almost all online sellers charge a flat 8% sales tax for shipments to Alabama. The local sales tax rates can be anywhere from 5% to 6% (rare to only a few rural areas) to 9.5% or 10% (most larger towns and cities that actually have retailers).

Upvote 0

Michael Clark

Apr 5, 2016
We're still supposed to declare sales tax on items we buy while travelling and bring back to Alabama to use if the local rate we pay at the point of sale is less than the state portion of sales taxes in Alabama. I know no one who actually does this, though most surrounding states have sales taxes just as high as we do. Alaska, Delaware, Montana, New Hampshire, and Oregon are all a long way from Alabama.

Upvote 0