R5 SD cards - sandisk differences?

Any idea what the difference between these 2 cards is?

Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC, SDXPK 64GB, U3, C10, UHS-II, 300MB/s​

SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB SDXC Memory Card up to 300MB/s, UHS-II, Class 10, V90, U3​

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Any idea what the difference between these 2 cards is?

Sandisk Extreme Pro SDXC, SDXPK 64GB, U3, C10, UHS-II, 300MB/s​

SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB SDXC Memory Card up to 300MB/s, UHS-II, Class 10, V90, U3​

From the looks of it, only the 'V90' logo, which means it can sustain a 90MByte/s write speed. I suspect the non-V90 is from an older batch before it went through the certification process to get the logo added.

Upvote 0
From the looks of it, only the 'V90' logo, which means it can sustain a 90MByte/s write speed. I suspect the non-V90 is from an older batch before it went through the certification process to get the logo added.
Yeah that's what I though also, but any idea what speed the non V90 can sustain?? Wondering if there is actually any difference...

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
Yeah that's what I though also, but any idea what speed the non V90 can sustain?? Wondering if there is actually any difference...
I haven't noticed any difference in the when reading and writing it in my card reader with different generation "300MB/s" cards, but all my cameras are a lot slower than the card reader. So I'm hesitant to say there will be no difference in the camera when the card reader shows identical results.

Upvote 0