R5 - What Canon can improve for pros.

Jul 23, 2013
carlsmiller.com
I've set my M Fn button to "Stills <--> Movie Switching". It switches to the last movie mode you used, separate from C3. Set the same in the movie settings so I can switch back & forth by pressing the MFn button.

Link to a video

Thanks for sending that! Seems "stills <--> movie" is only available on the "M.fn" button and of course I didn't check that one :oops:. By default M.fn is assigned to the very useful "Dial Function Setting" but thankfully that can be assigned to other buttons. I'll have to re-customize things now - but this will definitely speed up the photo/video switch for me!

Mar 13, 2020
Thanks for sending that! Seems "stills <--> movie" is only available on the "M.fn" button and of course I didn't check that one :oops:. By default M.fn is assigned to the very useful "Dial Function Setting" but thankfully that can be assigned to other buttons. I'll have to re-customize things now - but this will definitely speed up the photo/video switch for me!

I guess thats another thing Canon could fix. Allow anything to be assigned to any button :)

Glad I could help.