RAW+B&W JPEG?

bf

EOS RP
Jul 30, 2014
Is it possible to take monochrome JPEG + RAW in EOS M6/5?
I could find a B&W effect but RAW mode is not available in this mode (similar to EOS-M)

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Jul 21, 2010
I'm not sure (my M6 is at home, I'm not), but if nothing else, you could shoot in RAW then convert in-camera to JPG and apply the monochrome picture style.

bf

EOS RP
Jul 30, 2014
neuroanatomist said:
I'm not sure (my M6 is at home, I'm not), but if nothing else, you could shoot in RAW then convert in-camera to JPG and apply the monochrome picture style.
Ocasionqlly, I like to see and think in monochrome and also have my raw file for any color or b&w pp. It's possible in 5d series but not sure if you can do it in M family.

bf

EOS RP
Jul 30, 2014
It works! Raw+Jpeg is set through menus.
The jpg processing has a monochrome mode which is accessable throgh Q menu. So happy that I don't have to carry a DSLR for this. I noticed my composition is different for the monochrome view vs. the color.

I got the hint from this thread:
https://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=31680.0

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Jul 21, 2010
I assumed that's what you had tried – selecting RAW+JPG and then setting the Picture Style to monochrome. But glad you've found that, now.

bf

EOS RP
Jul 30, 2014
neuroanatomist said:
I assumed that's what you had tried – selecting RAW+JPG and then setting the Picture Style to monochrome. But glad you've found that, now.
I also tried it on eos M and it works there too. I'm surprized how I had missed this image setting. :)

<-- start Taboola -->