Real Estate Listing Video 5D mkIII and 60D

What's your budget? If you are going to use testimonials in the middle, along with exterior daylight shots, I'd use tungsten lights (or HMI lights if I had unlimited budget). I'd also go with a standard three light interview setup.

Why did you go with the glidecam 4000 instead of the 2000? Whatever the reason, it worked great. It really did glide.

Upvote 0
Mar 27, 2012
Nice video. What video editing software was used?

I've tried my hand in real estate video a little, and one of the problems is the weird dizzying effect one gets when wide angle lens is panned from side to side. I see some of that in the first video, though it was kept very short wisely. Anyone have suggestions for that? One can minimize it by panning Extremely slow side to side, but it's tough on the shooter's patience, and the effect can still be seen.

Also, any decent but cheaper stabilizers out there? I'm not looking for perfect results, just significantly better than hand-held. I've tried a simple hand-held gimbal-based one, with the curved steel stem and removable washer weights, but I could never get it to balance correctly, especially left to right due to asymmetry of the DSLR.

Would something like this be better?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300706913685&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en#ht_5905wt_1088

Upvote 0
For the photos, my main recommendation is to keep your verticals. A number of the photos have their verticals off. Otherwise the colors are nice and your framing is good.

If this is an expensive property you may want to do something with the windows. I usually take one of the individual shots from my exposure blend and use it to replace the window with a good exposure. This home is nowhere near as nice as yours (it is a bank foreclosure) but should give you an idea - http://www.johnlscott.com/PropertyDetail.aspx?GroupID=269205185&ListingID=301009830&CMID=-1&Sort=0&RTR=30&LI=1

Upvote 0

Cgdillan

HDSLR Cinematographer/Photograper
Mar 20, 2012
1992-06-25
www.StockhamMedia.com
thank you! I've done that with the windows before and this was just a super quick turn around job video and photo so i decided not too. But what do you do to keep your vertical straight? i want to get up higher then tilt down to see over things but of course then the verticals are off. do you use t/s lenses? Nice shots btw

Upvote 0
A

airforceones25

bluegreenturtle said:
Not to pry, but I will - did it pay enough for it to be worth your time and a good project? I've always been a little worried to get involved with real estate agents - seems like they would never pay well and be difficult.

I've come across this recently as well. A client has asked me to do a community video and I refuse to sell myself short. I was told realtors can't afford that price but he's adamant on wanting me to do it. Unfortunately it's not a two way street for his expected budget.

Upvote 0

Cgdillan

Mar 20, 2012
1992-06-25
www.StockhamMedia.com
It would have been worth it if i was a bit more efficient with my time for the day. Also i had to work around a couple things since the 5d mkiii raw ins't supported on my version on photomatics and the 7.1 camera update hadn't come out for photoshop. now the editing would be much quicker. Made $300 for photography and $300 for video.

Upvote 0

Cgdillan

Mar 20, 2012
1992-06-25
www.StockhamMedia.com
airforceones25 said:
bluegreenturtle said:
Not to pry, but I will - did it pay enough for it to be worth your time and a good project? I've always been a little worried to get involved with real estate agents - seems like they would never pay well and be difficult.

I've come across this recently as well. A client has asked me to do a community video and I refuse to sell myself short. I was told realtors can't afford that price but he's adamant on wanting me to do it. Unfortunately it's not a two way street for his expected budget.

This is easy to run into.. I've found it pretty easy to work around by only approaching real estate guys that don't seem quite as cheap.

Upvote 0