Removing Annoying VigLink

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
A quick search turned this up:

To eliminate VigLink ads from Windows, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
  2. If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. ...
  3. Uninstall VigLink and related programs.

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
A quick search turned this up:

To eliminate VigLink ads from Windows, follow these steps:
  1. Click Start → Control Panel → Programs and Features (if you are Windows XP user, click on Add/Remove Programs).
  2. If you are Windows 10 / Windows 8 user, then right-click in the lower left corner of the screen. ...
  3. Uninstall VigLink and related programs.
Yes, I found that. Unfortunately, the program does not show up on the list of installed apps.

Upvote 0
I don't know about you but when I load CR the level of ads has dramatically increased in the last month or so. The added links are just a small portion of nonsense ads being peddled here lately.. right now as type this reply I get Purdue University ads and the "Sexiest night sleep slip styles" ads revolving every minute or so.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

StoicalEtcher

CR Pro
Jan 3, 2018
Yorkshire
I don't know about you but when I load CR the level of ads has dramatically increased in the last month or so. The added links are just a small portion of nonsense ads being peddled here lately.. right now as type this reply I get Purdue University ads and the "Sexiest night sleep slip styles" ads revolving every minute or so.
Have to agree - I am now getting so many ads popping up, that my page view jumps around 4 times before it settles down every time I change page - and I then have to close the bottom window which goes across sthe page and blocks off about 20% of my screen if I want to access anything there. I'm all for Craig making a living in return for providing a great site, but the recent overload is really beginning to impinge on the experience.

Having said that, I don't run any ad blockers at all, so maybe it's on me for not doing something to cut them out.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0